Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Help me put together the BEST 737!

Guest rmce

Thanks for link.Gotta be worth going for.

Just to *correct* your miss-information Ronald, there is NO registration needed for PMDG's NG. This was changed for the customers. As for the question, there is currently no other aircraft made for Flight Simulator (737 Next Generation) that comes within miles of the PMDG NG. In fact, with SU2 coming ANY DAY NOW you will see some things never before seen on ANY flight add ons. I think this will speak for itseld ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/196432/winglets_lg.jpg

Guest UweR

Hmmm, no hardware/software bound online registration anymore, or just a registration that no longer involves e-mails but is done instantaneously?? Did PMDG trash the, IMHO totally impractical, license give-back system before a new one is issued? I support hardware bound licenses, but to call in BEFORE a reinstall was a little too much to swallow. If it

Guest padds

Everyone else disagrees with you, I happen to agree.I have the DF737 in FS9 and love it better then ever before. I just bought the RealityXP Jetline suite too and added that to it.I own the PMDG bird and it niggles me and I just dont feel at home with it, but I do look forward to SU2 to see whats coming and it may win out at that point.Its just a personal thing really, I happen to like the whole DF lineup of products, they just fit me better then others.If I had top 5 the DF would be one and the PMDG probably second...Jonathan O'Connor

Guest UweR

Hi, Bert already said it! :-)Combine the Dreamfleet2000 737-400 panel, sounds and FD with RealityXP

Yes, it is not there whatsoever! In fact, it's not even on SU1-1. I will not get into the DF Vs NG thing, they are two very different birds, Lou and the guys are great at what they do and so are PMDG, what I see is a great choice of two classy birds for our hangers...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/196432/winglets_lg.jpg

Guest jase439

Randy makes a good point. We are talking about aircraft from 2 different generations. In many ways you're comparing apples to oranges - or red apples to green apples perhaps :) The NG by PMDG touts high end glass cockpit fly-by-wire technology. The PMDG panel feels like a 777 wrapped in the skin of a 737. The 737 from DreamFleet, however models the 'mainstream' '37 - more analog components - feels more like a machine than a computer ;-). The DF 737 visual model, however, is admittedly quite bad (the internal 2D panel graphics are fantastic, however). I think alot of people end up merging the DF 737 panel with another aircraft visual model (like the Ariane 737). But I didn't buy the DF737 for the visual model...I purchased for the panel which is rock solid. And it just "feels" like a real aircraft panel - it's alot more believable to me (but then, all DF panels are this way). Lou and his Nikon do some pretty amazing things together ;-) The PMDG panels all have the same pristine "very-clean" graphics feel that you'll find in panels by PSS. That's not necessarily a bad thing - just a matter of preference. The sound and visual model of the PMDG are second to none. Seriously - I have never heard a better sound set for an airliner than this...internal and external sounds are fantastic.All this said - there is no DF 737 for FS2004 - so, in some ways it's a non-starter unless you run in FS2002 in which case you should investigate this product very seriously. I own both the DF 737 and PMDG - and have enjoyed using them both - both have their strengths and weaknesses. I miss not having my DF 37 in FS9 - but such is life. All good things...

Guest jase439

BTW, Randy, you should really stop this incessant teasing about the SU2 release :) My wife has a term for this condition - but this is a G rated forum so I won't elaborate.

Guest padds

> I miss not>having my DF 37 in FS9 - but such is life. All good>things...Easy to fix... DF737 with FFX model and your away....Merges available in Dreamfleets forum on the other site.I went all the way and did FFX merge and then bought the RealityXP avionics to really make it all better.-JonathanJonathan O'Connor

If you want to accurately simulate a modern glass-cockpit airliner then it has to be the PMDG 737NG. Graphically stunning both internally and externally with "accurate" flight dynamics and a fantastic Autopilot (no more jerky movements).RegardsAdamPS: $40 is a bit steep for an FS addon though...

Guest ba747heavy

PMDG 737 NG, without a doubt.

Guest panda234

Sounds like the PMDG 737 NG is some aircraft. However, I'm having problems with the new MD-11. When I switch to Spot view it takes a few seconds to load. Am I likely to have the same problem with the PMDG 737 NG?billg

Guest MIKE737

I agree with your interesting comments , but nobody has talked about flight dynamics of the two planes . I love PMDG 737 , but compare to DF734, TRIM elevator is completely unrealistic .Yes I know , SU-2 is on the way so maybe..... DF 734 is so smooth , you feel you're flying a heavy airplane . The flight model is excellent and more realistic than PMDG . Just my opinion MIKE737

Well trim has been tweaked for SU2. But it takes much more than *trim* to model a aircraft such as this. Does that plane disconnect the AP if you touch your trim? Ours does and has many other real would things that you just do not see in a add-on. Did you know on a Dual Autoland, that the A/T Arm switch moves to the OFF position a few seconds after touchdown? Ahh it's all in the realism and details that set things apart. Our flight dynamics are the most realistic ever made for flight sim, bar none. Numbers do not lie, you can fly our bird by the book. If a person has not flown a real airliner, his opine really does not have much weight (this goes for me too). I know how it should preform but how it *feels* is beyond my department, that's where PMDG's real world NG pilots come in and we have a big two thubs up ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/196432/winglets_lg.jpg

Guest MIKE737

" Trim has been tweaked for SU2..." that's a good news About flight dynamics , I'm sure that PMDG are realistic . I like the flight model , as I do like DF 734 .As far as I remember the best ever made for FS ( never tryed PIC 767 ) . I'm not a professional pilot , I just had many hours training on a FFS 733/34/35 , and the feeling I had when I made my first flight with DF 734 , is very close to the real aircraft . 737 NG and 300/400/500 srs are very close in terms of flight model, NG have more powerfull engines maybe , and in FS , I feel the same thing..... Sorry for my bad english . Regards MIKE737