Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Help me put together the BEST 737!

Guest 737pilot

>> AND DON`T use that FS9 GPS if you search for a realistic experience... <

Thanks everyone for the great response...Downloaded the PMDG and I'm extremely happy with it. I also downloaded Precision Panels PANEL and added a 737-800 to it, and I'm also amazed the the realism of the panel with the plane. Your suggestions are excellent, and I'm having tremendous fun again with the 737. I haven't done the Dreamfleet although I flew it in 2002.If I had to vote at this time, it would be the PMDG package. Thanks again, Stan

Guest OneTinSoldier

>Sounds like the PMDG 737 NG is some aircraft. However, I'm>having problems with the new MD-11. When I switch to Spot view>it takes a few seconds to load. Am I likely to have the same>problem with the PMDG 737 NG?>>billgHi BillG,Yes, you are very likely to have the same thing happen with any plane that has a fairly high polygon model that uses high quality 32-bit textures. With such aircraft such as these and the POSKY 757 I too have to wait for a little bit for textures to finish loading. But it also depends on your system specs, and with my system I only have to wait about 3/4's of a second or so. The componenets about your system that it will depend up on are numerous, but here's a few...System bus speedVideo card framebuffer size(amount of RAM on it)AGP 2x/4x/8x speed capable system and video card(the higher the number the better)To a lesser degree, the speed of your system RAM and possibly your AGP Aperture size setting.With aircrafts that use a lower amount of polygons(AI planes) and aircraft that use DTX3(a bitmap compression technique) textures as opposed to 32-bit bitmap textures you should see a lot faster loading times.Take Care,Jim

Guest StudabakerHawk

Gentlemen,Great thread! I have been spending a great deal of time learning to fly the default 737-400 in FS2002. I'm running on an old 500 mhz P3 with 384K (maxed motherboard). In December I will be building a new P4 3.2 system, all "top shelf". (I'm wringing every CPU cycle out of this old machine as I can).My inquiry has to do with the comment above about the DF737-400 being available in FS2004. I have read all the DF's posts on the subject on that other forum, and am of the belief that the DF737-400 WILL be available for FS2004. Am I correct in this assumption? I am reluctant to fork out the funds for the FS2002 DF737 when I know I'm upgrading shortly. The default 737-400 is quite adequate for training, the only modification I have made is a new HSI guage I got with the Bohemia Air FSNav4 tutorial.. I'm just finishing up all the Training Center lesson for NWVA and will be looking to go the VATSIM online route with Virtual Alaska Airlines Anchorage hub right about the end of the year.I do wish to stay with the 737-400 as I intend to do alot of short field landings in Southeast Alaska; Sitka, Wrangell, Petersburg, Glacier Bay, etc. In FS2002 there is not even ILS support for PJNU Juneau airport runway 26 which threads two 4000 mountains on approach. If you want a challenge, fly onto Juneau's runway 8 from the Sisters VOR across the NDB's. M$ did an excellent job of leaving the terrain as it really is. I have sat in a real 737-400 dozens of times making this landing. It's always interesting to watch passengers faces who have never made the landing as the 737 does a 15 degree bank about 300 feet off the ground about 2000ft shy of touch down and then levels out and touches its wheels at about the same time. Now I know the computers do the turn (makes the wife real "cheered up" to learn that). Another fun landing is Sitka, where the strip was built on a rock pile making it seem like you are landing on an aircraft carrier. Twenty five years ago (I'm dating myself) the 737 landings were on gravel. Anyway, hopefully over the next few years I can work on some of the detail on these smaller airstrips. I have a great deal to learn (but am having a BLAST). Can an ILS be installed on a runway that M$ left out? I also found two VOR's up in the interior that FS2002 won't recognize, the Soldatna OLT and Illima ILU VORs.Thanks for a great thread, I have learned a great deal, and I will take a serious look at the PMDG 737 too!Cheers,StudabakerHawk

Two things... first of all, there is a free 737 ADI gauge available from www.reality-xp.com that will enhance the standard FS 737 cockpit.Get it, if you do not already have it.. comes for FS2002 and FS9.Secondly, the DF 737 in FS9 that is being discussed here, is a hybrid, using the DF panel from FS2002 (payware), the visual model from FFX (freeware), and the RealityXP JL2 gauges (payware).The PMDG 737NG is a complete FS2002 and/or FS9 package.If you are going to FS9 with your new machine, I would buy the PMDG 737NG and enjoy it, until the day that DF comes out with a new 737 for FS9.The hybrid route is more for people that already own the DF737 and miss it in FS9.

Bert