Sign in to follow this  
Guest RWade

Megascenery Vol. 2 Delays - frustrating

Guest sj3

The constant delays in the ship date of Megascenery New York is getting quite frustrating. I already paid for it. With the experience on the LA version, I can't understand why they couldn't forecast more correctly. They've done it before! There can't be that much different. Apparently, they were unable to use the lessons learned to more accurately predict resources and time. 10/15 --> 11/15 --> 12/7. Yuck! One good item is that they are actually saying something and not being silent about it.Thanks for listening,sj

Guest RWade

Don't worry sj, you're not alone. :-samurai

One rule of thumb, no matter how reputable the company, is that I never prepay for software that isn't in release. Perhaps prepayment offers an edge or first dibs on a product, but IMHO it isn't worth the frustration. Even the best projects slide on dates. And the worst projects/firms? They use prepayment to finance development of their product, with no intention of releasing by the promised deliverable date.... And who pays the interest of this free loan? The user does....Megascenery offers a great product... They are likely in the former group and have just had an unforseen delay. But consider it a lesson learned, and avoid prepaying in the future if you want to save frustration...-John

Guest RWade

I'm not frustrated, just impatient. I live about 10 blocks over from Belmont Racetrack under the approach for rwys 22 at KJFK. Can't wait to see how green my lawn looks.:-jumpy :D

"I live about 10 blocks over from Belmont Racetrack under the approach for rwys 22 at KJFK." O/T - I spent about a month in '99 installing a network and doing application training at the JFK Hilton, which then became a Best Western. But I believe it's closed down now--any idea what happened to it? It was a great spot for plane spotting--my room faced the approach for runway 13L, and I had all sorts of heavies as well as the Concorde buzzing by me for a month... Last time I saw the Concorde in flight was from that room....-John

I've been interested in SceneryUSA from the same group (http://www.sceneryusa.com) and that website hasn't been updated in about 9 months.I'd even be happy to see some screen shots of the New York product from megascenery...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest RWade

>O/T - I spent about a month in '99 installing a network and>doing application training at the JFK Hilton, which then>became a Best Western. But I believe it's closed down>now--any idea what happened to it? It was a great spot for>plane spotting--my room faced the approach for runway 13L, and>I had all sorts of heavies as well as the Concorde buzzing by>me for a month... Last time I saw the Concorde in flight was>from that room....>>-JohnSorry, don't know what happened to it. As far as plane spotting goes my first "real" job in '82 when I was 18 was for a company called Servair. They would service the international arrivals. Working the midnight to eight shift I mostly unloaded cargo planes but would sometimes get to crawl into the belly of the Air France Concordes. It was great in the summer because it would still be ice cold in there. Back then it was just a job, who knew I would be into such things now LOL!!