Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Any Time Zone updates for FS2004?

Guest MEA707

I have noticed that some of the time zones in FS2004 are not correct.For example, the United Arab Emirates in FS2004 is +3GMT when in real life it is +4GMT.The same goes with Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait.Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?Regards

I don't see any place in FS9 where you would set your time zone. I bet FS9 is picking the time zone from your own computer setting.Also when you fly and move location there is no way for FS9 to track your position and change time zone reliably. Would be difficult to do without errors (as you see) and bit useless too. Believe it or not pilots use UTC and don't switch their (avionics) clock to local time zone - would be very confusing during flights.So bottom line - set your computer properly and use UTC when you fly (unless you fly in a single time zone).Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest MEA707

Michael,Time Zone updates are program files you download.I have found ones available for FS98, FS2000, and FS2002, but none for FS2004 yet.There are many places around the world in FS that have in-accurate time zones and this has nothing to do with my computer settings. My computer time is perfectly correct. It's an FS problem and has always been a problem which Microsoft has chosen not to fix. As a result, programs such as FS Real Time and World Time Zone off of Avsim are available, but only up until FS2002. I haven't found one for FS2004.Regards

>and has always been a problem which Microsoft>has chosen not to fix. Ok, per my humble opinion, there are 100 other problems Microsoft should fix first. Time zones - real pilots can live without stinkin timezones !!Michael J.

If it was just timezone discrepancies, I could nearly forgive them. But add to that the way FS alters GMT when you cross timelines, which not only botches up ETA calculations but can make the sun rise or set all over again on the same flight, and it becomes more than just a mild annoyance. Fortunately FS Real Time, available now in an FS2004 flavour, fixes up the former issue to some extent, and provides countermeasures to defeat the latter.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

HiThe time zone problem as far I know it isn't solved and depending in some factors it can indeed induce UTC jumps. Never tried FSRealtime so don't know if it is proactive instead of reactive but when fixed the jumps in fsacars discovered that the fix could induce even more jumps so decided only to account them. The available time zone fix doesn't work in FS2004. Jos

Guest slam100

Many time zones in FS2004 are incorrect. When flying from Vancouver to Heathrow GMT will jump ahead or behind as I cross time zones, terrain will rebuild and it will suddenly be lighter or darker outside. In fact central, mountain and pacific time zones in Canada during DST are all incorrect. Many time zones in FS2002 were wrong but GMT never jumnped. As we all know GMT (Zulu) should never change. Either the beta testers didn't catch this or MS decided that it had bigger fish to fry. Come on Dennis, we need a fix.