Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henri W

Best ATR-42?

Guest sziegler

Hi:The ATR-42 is one of my all time favorite planes...Can someone recommend what they consider the best downloadable ATR-42 for FS2004?Thanks,Steve in Wichita

Guest mda

So far aerosoft has the best one. FlightOne is supposed to be coming out with one in December, I believe, and taht panel should be awesome. I believe Aerospatiale asked flightone to create the panel for them so they can train pilots. Everything is supposed to work.

Guest allcott

I believe that aircraft is the ATR 72. Don't know whether they are doing a 42. It's not mentioned on the website.Allcott

Guest danowat

Hi,I did find it interesting that Flight1 are using the same modellers as the Aerosoft version, Alexander Metzger and Chris Klose, so is it going to be a very similar model to the aerosoft one?.Still it looks nice, but at the moment the Aerosoft one is the best, although if you have 2002, there is a very nice freeware one available.Dan.

Guest Henri W

Dan,Do you know anything about the review on the Aerosoft ATR42/72 I wrote for FSCentre recently? I do not get an answer from Georg whether or not he received it. I put a lot of work into it, so it would be a waste of time if it is not published.Cheers,Henrihttp://www.fscentre.com/

Guest danowat

Hi Henri,I have been a "little out of the loop" recently due to a health problem, but I certainly would not think that you have wasted your time writing it.I do know that Georg had a backlog of reviews to publish, so maybe yours is in the backlog.Drop him a line and check he got it, thats probably your best bet.It reminds me I must get back to clearing up my own backlog ;)Dan.

Guest Henri W

Thanks Dan,I hope you are feeling better again.I did write a reminder to Georg, but did not hear back yet. I will try once more.Best regards,Henri

Henri, An outstanding and balanced review, nice work. I really like this airplane. One new development is that for those who purchased the CD version of Eurowings (both the ATR's, an excellent BAE-146 an Airbus and some scenery - pass on the scenery...), there is no FS2004 update yet. Whereas those who purchased the download version, which would have been later, can get a downloadable update. Which makes the CD owners a bit impatient because we all want to fly this plan in FS9.regards,

Guest Henri W

Thanks, Chris.Yes, I agree. It is strange that there is no FS2004-update for the CD-owners yet.Cheers,Henri

Guest MIKE737

You should post on screenshot forum . The sceney look amazing ! is it Schiphol airport ? Just wondering wich video card do u use . Regards ART - MIKE737

Guest Henri W

Thanks!Yes, it is default Schiphol.My video card is an ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 Mb (Omegadriver 3.9c).Best regards,Henri

Guest cactus

I just installed the ATR into FS9. My opinion is it is too hard on frames. I can run PSS 330/340 and PMDG with better frames.

For me the ATR works absolutely flawlessly in FS9. I get very good framerates and much much better than the PMDG 737, especially if I'm in outside view on an airport with lots of UT-traffic. But what PMDG 737 lacks in fps-smoothness, it certainly makes up for in other areas! :)/KristerPIV 3,04 Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro, 1 GB 333 MHz Ram, XP Pro

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------