Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

Problem with Alain Capt MD11 panel

I have installed his new for 2004 Md11 panel and the panel is all black around the gauges. I have no cockpit view unless I move the panel around. Has anybody have a idea what I have done wrong?

Guest HeavyFan

hey there! I had the same problem, and there's an easy fix!! Go into the panel's CFG file, look for this line[Window00]file=..bmpmd11_main.bmpsize_mm=1024position=6visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELnow remove the .../bmp from this line>>file=..bmpmd11_main.bmpand make it say >>md11_main.bmpthats it, go down the CFG file and remove all the .../bmp info in the lines, somehow guess alain goofed, as that lines supposed to only say the BMP name and nothing else! after you do that the panel will show correctly! MIKE:)

Whoa ... I don't follow you at all there, Heavy. That bmp reference refers to the folder named bmp where all the bitmaps are kept for the two panel options.If the panel has been installed as per his instructions, rather than bits taken out and moved about manually, then it will work just fine.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Tim W

Agree with Mark totally. I installed the panel as per the instructions and it runs just fine. You know you have to install the whole zip file to a separate folder in the aircraft folder called "ACS MS-11 panel" The when you want to allocate the panel to an aircraft you must do it by opening up the folder and running the install.exe and pointing it to the location of the aircraft folder you want to assign it to. (Choose MD-11 aircraft and telling it whether the a/c is a pax or cargo or combi))If you do that then there is absolutely no problem at all. It all runs perfectly without editing any .cfg. If you have had to do that then you havent installed it properly.RegardsTimhttp://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/ima...aam-sim_sig.gif

Guest HeavyFan

hmm wierd guy's! And I did install it properly!! I installed to a temp folder, then ran the EXE to put it into the correct MD-11 of IFDG, like PAX or Cargo, and ran the EXE and it then said Installed, then i closed the program, and when i went into FS, I had the problem of no panel Bitmaps showing, ALl Black! So I dunno, the mod i did is minor, and now the Panel work's Great! So I guess try which ever way u feel, as long as it works for me i am happy, and I hate auotinstallers anyway! I rather do it manually, so to each his own:)

Tim.Thanks a load. That worked great. I was trying to install it ind.ThanksAny tips on install ACS-GPS I have no idea about this program or is it installed already?Ken

Guest Tim W

KenGlad to be of help. Fly the tutorial flight to find out all it can do. ACS-GPS should be already installed. I think the folder should resite in the root FS folder in it's own folder. As far as how it works, well it's a bit hit and miss. There's a switch on the glareshield that btings it up on the main PFD, if you click on the worrd "Flightplan" when it comes up the plan should appear in a box. I have seen it but I don't use it as I use FSNAV/FS Build for my flightplanning. For the full readme I believe you will need to download the original FS2002 panel with the Swissair aircraft for the instructions from Alain's site.RegardsTim http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/ima...aam-sim_sig.gif

Guest Tim W

>hmm wierd guy's! And I did install it properly!! I installed>to a temp folder, then ran the EXE to put it into the correct>MD-11 of IFDG, like PAX or Cargo, and ran the EXE and it then>said Installed, then i closed the program, Well there's the problem I think. You need to install it to the Aircraft folder and not a temp folder. When you allocate the panel to an a/c it changes the cfg to look for the panel folder which is now, in your case, not where it's supposed to be.The mod you did may be "minor" but it's critical to the correct operation of the panel. If it works ok for you now, good. But you are lucky.RegardsTimhttp://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/ima...aam-sim_sig.gif