Sign in to follow this  
mganz121

Announcement: Groundhandling gauges, V3,2

Hi,I have just uploaded V3.2 of my groundhandling gauges, which should be available in the library soon.File: rcbgh-32.zipIt solves the problem of "brakes not releasing" in TaxispeedFS2004.Moreover, it includes a description why/how you should use Taxispeed if you use FS2004 WITHOUT toebrake pedals.Upgrading is very simple: see the included file "Upgrade from V3.1 to V3.2".If you are a "home-cockpit" user, and don't like using the mouse to operate these gauges: also read this file....Rob Barendregt

Excellent Rob and thank you very much!Just about to download nowThanks again for the FREEware and I hope others show their appreciation!Dave B

Rob,Thanks for the great guage! I have one issue with the taxi speed. I added it into the stock 777 panel and have the following symptoms:It moves the throttle about 75% up, the speed goes racing past my desired speed, then it closes the throttles completely while braking. The brakes release when the speed is around my desired setting, then the aircraft coasts to a stop, only to repeat the above process.I have a registered version of FSUIPC (3.11) and the PFC driver (1.72) for use with my PFC throttle quadrant. I've disabled the PFC, but that didn't help.Any ideas? I have a P3.2 system with 1GB ram, fast frame rates, etc.Thanks in advance,Steve btw -- the pushback works great!

Hi Steve,What it exactly does:- When speed < 1 knot: 70% throttle- If > 1 knot: 0 - 40 % throttle.- When groundspeed > targetspeed + 4 knots: apply brakes, otherwise release brakes.The "throttle-to-idle" when either you or the gauge apply brakes it intentional: it's very illogical to throttle up while braking at the same time.If it behaves differently, it can be any of two causes:1. You use the wrong taxispeed gauge version; not here, since you say the brakes are released in time.2. Your throttles or brakes interfere with my gauge (i.e. they are not in a "deadzone" while my gauge is active, so, because of "jitter", your throttle/brake axis "compete" with the commands from my gauge).Can this be the cause in your case ?If not, send me an email describing what exactly happens (for which aircraft, which target speed, etc..)..ROb

Rob,I've been able to narrow it down to the pfc.dll -- when I remove it completely from the modules directory, everything works as you describe.Aside from removing it, nothing I do seems to help. I've tried calibrating the throttles to have a large "dead zone", but that didn't work either. Even unchecking the throttle axis doesn't solve it -- only removing the dll works.The exact behavior is as follows:Aircraft: Default 777Target speed: 15kts1) When I release the parking brakes, throttles go to ~70% (seems correct)2) Speed goes by 15kts fairly fast -- up to 19kts (+4kts as you described)3) Throttles go to idle (0%) and brakes applied until speed reaches just under 15kts4) Speed coasts down to 0kts at which point the cycle starts againI'll keep trying different things with the pfc stuff and post again if I have any success.Thanks again,Steve

Guest abent

Yeah, thanks for the great gauge. I really like the pushback sequence. I'd like to permanently place the gauge on a panel but get an error with CfgEdit stating that "WINDOW_SIZE is set but WINDOW_POSITION is not...I'll set WINDOW_POSITION to 0,0" I've tried assigning different coordinates rather than just saying position = 8 for example. The gauge will not show up in CfgEdit at all. Anyway, I'll get it I'm sure if I fool around more.Again, thanks for the wonderful gauge.Adam

Steve,I tried to answer your Email a few times, but I keep getting an unsuccessfull delivery with reason "Remote SMTP server has rejected address". So I suggest you check your Email ....So what you're saying is:The brakes are released at about 15 knots (as indicated by the Brake pressure gauge) but the aircraft still decellerates to 0 knots ??And if so, are throttles only set > idle AFTER the speed has become 0 (so no throttle increments when the aircraft decellerates from 15 to 0 ?)If so, the PFC driver must be blocking my Throttle command during this decelleration from 15 to 0. Have't got a clue why this is ...Rob

Rob,Good News! Turns out it was a simple issue: on the "main options" page of the pfc setup, there is a checkbox entitled, "suppress possible interference from Game Port throttle assignments". It was checked by default. If I uncheck that, your guage works flawlessly!Thanks again for the great work!Steve

Guest moshe_be

Thanks for the great gauge.Is there a way to make audio enabled by default?

No, not if you still want to be able to switch ADF-usage between navigation and sound.If not: just disable the soundswitch gauge in the panel.cfg, then the sound will always be "on" (put // before "gauge00= ......" )Rob

Hi,For those of you that experiance problems with playing the pushback sounds:I have made a version of the gauges that uses Doug Dawson's ADF2-based xmlsound solution. This seems to work OK for other people with sound problems.Notes: 1. ONLY WORKS FOR FS2004 !!!2. Only use that if rcbgh-32.zip gives sound problems, since this version has less accurate sound timing. (e.g. when play-once sounds are started, they cannot be stopped if needed)If you like to try that, send me an Email.Rob