Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Corey Ford's Posky 757 Repaints...

Hey Corey I just thought I'd let you know that your 757 repaints have a problem at night with external lighting. It seems on your United, Continental, and USAir repaints when one turns off the landing lights the whole airplane goes dark except for the wing NAV lights. All other Posky repaints don't have this problem. All other Posky repaints still have the fuselage windows/tail lights lit up even when the landing lights are turned off. A totally dark jetliner at night is unrealistic to look at. Hope you will consider releasing a patch that would solve this issue because other than that I'm really enjoying your work...Thanks,Dillon--

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

***Bump***

FS2020 

Guest Van

Hi,I took a look at Corey's posky757fuse1_l.bmp and posky757fuse2_l.bmp (these are your night lighting bitmaps for the fuselage). What has happened is he has the alpha channels reversed, meaning if the windows are white, then you need the landing lights on to see the windows lit up in the sim at night. It's an easy fix really. You can either swap out those two files with two from a different Posky757 that are known to work correctly or you can simply open the bitmaps up with a program called DXTBmp and edit the files by replacing the white window areas with black (in the alpha channel only)this will allow the window lights to stay lit all the time at night. If you choose to use two files from a different Posky aircraft there is a possibility that the window lights might not line up perfectly, so you may have to do a slight edit as well.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Thanks Van I'll try your suggestions... Just to let you know I'm still using your wonderful 737-200s in FS2k4. It seems your FDE works better in FS2k4 than the FFX model. Can you send me a command line that I can put in the aircraft.cfg file to fix the contact points on your birds??? As things are now the plane sits on the taxiway tail high. If possible I would like to get the whole fuselage to sit level to the ground as is the case with the real world birds.THX...Dillon--

FS2020