Sign in to follow this  
mark22

Ground Environment Pro....Errors, Errors, Errors!

I don't know whether you'll get this reply now mark22, cos its 2014 now!!! But I bought gepro 3 weeks ago and I cannot for the life of me get it to install the textures into fs9!!!

I have tried everything from reinstalling to almost throwing my computer out of the window!!!

I just wonder if you ever sorted your problem out or bought a different add on for ground textures (if there is one)

Dave

I don't know whether you'll get this reply now mark22, cos its 2014 now!!! But I bought gepro 3 weeks ago and I cannot for the life of me get it to install the textures into fs9!!!

I have tried everything from reinstalling to almost throwing my computer out of the window!!!

I just wonder if you ever sorted your problem out or bought a different add on for ground textures (if there is one)

Dave

What OS ?

Where is FS9 installed?

9.1 update installed ?

UAC off ?

at what point does GEPro  fail?

Peter Schluter

Run as Administrator?

Installing from the RED Flight1 installer not the unpacked exe?

Anti-virus etc turned off.

Firewall off?

Planets aligned?  :lol:

Hi guys! Thanks for the replies!!

OS is vista ultimate

Uac is off

Anti virus is off

Fs9 is installed in its own folder with 9.1 update

Run as administrator

Don't know about red flight 1 installer...I just installed it as normal???

Also don't know about firewall..I'd have to find out how to turn that off too.(easy)

Gepro doesn't seem to fail! It goes through the seemingly correct installing textures to fs9 from 0% - 100% but somehow it doesn't install the textures into fs9 folder! (Sorry, does that make sense?)

Just so you know I've tried flight 1 forums about this (they have been brilliant of course!!!) BUT I still haven't got gepro to work on my fs9!!! Very sadly.

Thanks guys. Any ideas??

Any ideas??

GEPro needs to be configured.  You have choices to make before textures are placed. Check under the Flight One Software entry in your All Programs menu.

Hello Donor!

Thanks for you response!

About the choices I have to make I presume you mean ticking the boxes on the first page that comes up when I go in to gepro?

I do that and it goes through the sequence of "installing textures into fs9 (from 0% - 100%).

I do really feel that it has NOT installed correctly you know!!

What is the "red airplane" flight one downloader icon I have for eg.

I've never understood that!!?..when opened it says "load from ddf data file"?? I'm not very computer savvy really but I do learn fast!!

It would be great if you could stick with me for a while...I am so loathed to ask for a refund!!!

Treat it as a challenge!!!!

Cheers my friend

Dave

great if you could stick with me

Not a problem.

On the first 'blue' page Of GEPro's system status do you see the word 'installed' against each of the following descriptors?

Global Coverage - Day

Global Coverage - Night

UT Golf Courses and Parks Europe

UT Industrial Areas

(The latter two presupposes you have Ultimate Terrain installed as well.)

If not click on Base Install icon - at left, and make your selections, click Save & Install button lower right, wait while installation takes place, and you're done.

Yes Donor they both say "installed".

In the fs9 folder..textures..the texture dates are 2003

I believe they should change to 2006 (according to a previously reply from flightone forum.

I've tried installing several times but its always the same result, but the check boxes always do say installed!! I think something is blocking the transfer!!!

Thanks mate

Dave

In the fs9 folder..textures..the texture dates are 2003

Are you looking in scenery\world\textures ?

Peter Schluter

I believe they should change to 2006 (according to a previously reply from flightone forum.

Actually the date will vary according to when you created the texture. I followed this discussion on Flight1 and I have two questions - first, you said you asked for a refund, did you get it? Second, did you create texture sets for Ground and Sky using the create function in the GEP UI? If you did not, there are no textures to be installed in FS.

DJ

Hello DJ

Firstly I cancelled the refund because it seemed unfair to ask that for something that surely is a very good addon.

I've decided to close this issue now because I feel I'm becoming bothersome and probably boring!!

However I will continue to work on it myself..

I'll let you all know if I get it to work...

Thank you all for trying to help me..

Cheers!!!

Dave.

I had to redownload the installer after a couple of years to reinstall GEPro, perhaps F1 updated the installer?

Cheers, SLuggy