Sign in to follow this  
Guest Galant VR4

Can someone please help?

Guest Galant VR4

I have an old GeForce2 MX/MX 400. Whenever I try to run FS2004 in widowed mode I get this error message "This adapter cannot render 3D graphics in this windowed mode. Changing your desktop settings may enable it to do so". My screen res is set at 1280 by 1024 pixels and 32 bit color. Am I getting this message because I am using such an old graphics card or can this be fixed? I am using the 45.23 drivers for my card. If someone could help me with this problem I would appreciate it.Thank youGalant VR4

Guest ba747heavy

I have never heard of this problem, but does this problem occur with any driver set, or only the 45.23s? A shot in the dark perhaps but you never know :)

Guest Galant VR4

Yeah it happens with every set of drivers I have tried for this card. I dont know what it could be.

I also run a GeForce 2 MX400 (one of two installed) and do find limits on what it can do sometimes. Particularly, if I set the monitor refresh rate too high. Have you changed that recently?I am running 52.16 drivers with it right now, but as it powers my second (FSNav) monitor I don't set it at above 1024x768 resolution. I do run full screen all the time though, as it's better on FPS in FS9.The one thing we've got going for us is that the trusty old GeForce 2 handles glass reflections much better than later cards! I have run various tests on this and it's quite remarkable. However, we can't run all that fancy DX9 stuff, so it's a trade off!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Galant VR4

Thanks mark, Im gonna reset everything and see what happens.