Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Tom Answer me this, plz?

Tom you shut down a thread about some moron that saya the WTC attacks were some kind of hoax put on by the US gov. You stated that the reason was there was already enough speculation about 9/11 and shut down the thread. (Personally I don't believe a word of that but it made for a good insight into the mind of a paranoid delusion -always entertaining in my books)Why not shut down the thread about the fuel pumps in Boeing airliners as there has been plenty of speculation already about TWA 800?Just seems to be a double standard there. But it is your sandbox after all.JMHOCF-AOA

Go back and have a look. Not only have we shut down many threads on the TWA800 theories, but we have removed many as well. No double standards here, just an aversion to every silly (and stupid) conspiracy theory that comes along.

Ok, no problem.You have to admit, though. Some of them are highly entertaining.Thanks,CF-AOA

An EAD is hardly a conspiracy theory (though some people might argue it's just a coverup of course).theorising isn't bad in itself, but both the conspiracy theorists in your thread and the TWA800 people have in common that they're out to hurt people and make money from it. Discussing their theories and claims only prolongs the suffering of the next of kin of the dead and furthers the goals of these leeches on society.Noone will close a thread if you discuss the possibilities of aliens in New York harbour (in fact, you may come to the conclusion that their existence is the best explanation for a lot of the weirdness of New York).

Strangely enough, a TV program about the very conspiracy theory mentioned above is due to be shown next week here in Britain. I will be watching this with great interest.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Damn, it appears that the above program may have already been broadcast. Oh well, it was probably all BS anyway.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Scott Campbell

Yeah. don't you all watch "Men In Black"? :-lolAnd the US Postal Service is nothing but aliens! That sure explains a LOT! :-lol

and I wanted to reply to that WTC conspiracy thread. Why don't you allow these thread here Tom? It is a general chat forum? Al long as they stay cilivised they are great thread to read and post in. Well anyway those theories are bull off-course.Take careMike

I'm an alien & I've never met anyone who likes their toast done on one side Sting!.

As we approach the aniversary of the WTC attack, an event that was the most reported and most photographed in history, I find these "light-hearted" academic discussions in the poorest of taste.You may find it entertaining to discuss whether or not the attack occurred, but given the large number of real casualties, including over 300 rescue personnel who gave their lives whilst trying to save others, I fail to see any "humour" or entertainment in the subject.Perhaps you should consider how the survivors and the relatives and friends of the deceased are feeling, and restrict your civilised discussions to matters that are less important.This is addressed to all who think this subject is ripe for a "bit of a laugh", not just Mike.

Whoa!Where in the world did Mike say anything about a "bit of a laugh" or "entertaining" or anything of the sort?I've read Mike's posts for a long time. I've never seen him to be anything but insightful and highly respectful to any person and/or topic.I believe you owe him an apology for painting him in that very unkind light. If you think that discussion of a very serious topic that affects our entire nation, nay - the entire world, means those discussions are only made for entertainment or laughable reasons, then you're way, way off base.I fully understand Tom's desire to shut down that thread - from the perspective of AVSIM. Discussions like that at this forum always turn uncontrollable from an admin point of view because the inevitable stupid people *always* show up to make it so. But threads and discussions of that nature are extremely important to have - in possibly more chaos friendly and appropriate forums. Lies like that freak Meyssan makes only strengthen the extremist Muslim world's hatred of North Americans... If we don't discuss it and tear it to shreds as it should be, people light of mind and spirit are only influenced to agree all the more. *Specially* when freaks like him get the press that he's getting. There's a reason the Klu Klux Klan still survives to this day: ignorance. Enlightenment is the only answer.On top of that, discussions are not "entertaining" when they are a necessary part of a healing process. Sometimes, almost all of the time I believe, it heals much, much more than it hurts. I personally believe you are way off base making comments like you made.Elrondhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/Boycott-RIAA.gif]"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."[/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font

I don't know Mike personally, and of course, if I've misunderstood what he said, I appologise.However, taken as a group, most of the messages preceding mine did, to me, seem as if the most annoying thing about Tom's decision to pull the post was that they couldn't now discuss whether this was actually a hoax by the US Govenment. I hadn't read the thread that Tom pulled.Personally, I find this whole concept so offensive that the idea that some simmers are annoyed that they can't speculate on this matter is what annoyed me. I do not view this as a suitable subject for such idle, and ultimately trivial discussion. If you find this a somewhat extreme reaction, please bear in mind that I myself am a volunteer medic and keenly feel the loss of my fellow rescue professionals.I do understand that discussing the subject can help many to come to terms with this apalling terrorist act, but not in the form that was being alluded to - whether or not it even happened.Once again, if I've mis-represented Mike, I apologise.