Sign in to follow this  
Guest mda

Is the SSW A310 worth getting now with the new patch?

Guest danowat

Hi,Well, I would like to hear from anyone who has this add-on, has the V1.3 patch made it a better add-on, is it worth purchasing it now, or not?.ThanksDan.

I'm wondering the same thing concerning compatibility with FS2k4...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Flight dynamics are that of a fighter jet. Even fully loaded, plane climbs at 6000ft per min up through 20,000ft in profile mode and in level change mode. I am not a real pilot but I know enough that an A310 should not do that fully loaded. PFD and ND in VC mode are not lit up and cannot be read a night. No click spots for any toggle switches or buttons in VC mode. Unbelievable that the above were not fixed. Even the defualt MS planes have clickable VC's. Take it for what it is worth.

Eric 

Guest flynman2

777 said......>>>>Unbelievable that the above were not fixed.<<

Guest mikealpha

>> Even fully loaded, plane climbs at 6000ft per min up through 20,000ft in profile mode and in level change mode. That seems to be a pilot error I also made once. Sounds you still have takeoff power in your TRP. You need to set climb power in the Thrust rating panel.I have fun with the SSW A310. The Autopilot modes work well so far, I have normal behaviour in LVL CH, also there's no speed overshoot and they have programmed an Autothrust system that reacts much faster now. Very good Autoland, also with max certified crosswind.The Profile mode seems to have a little problem with descends, but needs more testing than just one day.The custom Autopilot comes with a little price to pay though, the flight model is a bit too much on a agile side for my taste. And the AP modes are not that polished yet as in e.g. PMDGs 737 NG. The system simulation is nothing but impressive, it's very complete incl. IRS. You even have to wait until the IRS alignment is done to get your PFD and ND active. A lot of system do have influence and are not just switch dummies. Also the FMC is very complete. You can use almost the entire real life normal procedures manual.A problem is the old Navdata and SSW still hasn't given a clear statement what we get in future.All in all it's very good now, interesting to learn what Airbus has done a generation before the A320/330/340 series.Mike

I have had awful problems with installation. 1.2 worked okay after the registry tweaking. Installed 1.3 after registry clean. .dll message at start up of FS - do I want to load this module? Yes and FS starts. Load A310 but says my key is invalid. Uninstall and re -install. Install FS9 .dll and panel config files (are we supposed to Mike?) Restart and reload panel. Key invalid. Accept three error messages and panel loads anyway. Unable to display MCDU. Change to full screen mode on dual monitors. Second monitor locks up. Close FS9 and it hangs. Give up and go to bed.I have had no response to the forum sign up. Await PSS patch, PICA320 patch etc. etc.Back to Boeing perhaps.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

- Howard, in this hobby, does it not seem like we are all waiting for this patch or that upgrade?-Mike, in Profile mode, the TRP will indicate "auto" meaning the computer is supposed to handle it for you. You don't hit the CL, TO, etc buttons on it in this mode.

Eric 

Guest mda

DescendDescend. I JUST had that exact same problem. When it says you have an invalid code just click the button to obtain a new code to send to SSW support. They send you a new code and everything works for me after that.

Guest SSW Evgueni

>-Mike, in Profile mode, the TRP will indicate "auto" meaning>the computer is supposed to handle it for you. You don't hit>the CL, TO, etc buttons on it in this mode. Pair of advices.That your A310 did not fly as F-16. :)Establish before takeoff on TRP mode FLX TO.Establish temperature 53-55 (this temperature depends on different factors, on the average it of 53-55 degrees) in FLX TO TEMP

Guest mda

That would be crappy engines. Actually most engines are rated for full power for 5 mins. Some more

Guest SSW Evgueni

>If you leave your engines at takeoff thrust during climb ...>the engines would have exploded after 5 or 6 minutes! :-lolThe Real A310 after takeooff reaching 1500 ft approximately for 30 seconds if not it is less.Then change in mode CL (Climb).What for to force engines?EvgueniSSW Team

>The Real A310 after takeooff reaching 1500 ft approximately>for 30 seconds if not it is less.>Then change in mode CL (Climb).>What for to force engines?>>>Evgueni>SSW TeamGood point :) There's no reason to push the engines :)