Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

Misaligned with runway

Hi Folks,I don't really know how to describe my FS9 problem but hope the pictures will explain all?I loaded up the PMDG 747 and done everything the same as I always do,then noticed it wasn't following the specified route on the ND which I had this when using the PMDG MD11F last night.Anyhow I decided to check the rest off the aircraft I have and loaded it up on the runway and programmed the FMC as normal and noticed the ND isn't lining up with the route correctly. I have used the Registry fix tool for FS9 and that hasn't worked which was suggested to me from my post in the PMDG MD11 Forum, What is strange is that FS9 was working fine all day yesterday. I have tried both offline flights and online flights also using ASE and without ASE, which has ruled out them? I also done the IRS thing on 747 and that still never corrected itI enclose pics as am not sure I've explained correctly or gave the right subject header. Again I did think it was one aircraft hence the MD11 post but realise it's not and am convinced it's something related to FS9 any help would be most appreciated.PC SpecsWindows XP SP3 32 bitIntel Core 2 CPU E7200 2.53GHz2GB RAMMany ThanksJason ThompsonNividia Geforce 9600GT

Jason Thompson

hi jasonAfter a quick search on PMDGs site,take a look at these threads from PMDGs forum not sure if there exactly what your experiencing or not but worth a lookhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/294282-bug-on-the-navigation-display/page__p__1818108__hl__aligned+with+magenta+line+__fromsearch__1#entry1818108http://forum.avsim.net/topic/264948-pmdg-747-400x-mis-aligned-with-runway/page__p__1658222__hl__aligned+with+magenta+line+__fromsearch__1#entry1658222http://forum.avsim.net/topic/108289-fmc-map-not-aligned/page__p__720188__hl__aligned+with+magenta+line+__fromsearch__1#entry720188and after reading that you have tried the registry fix (i take it you ran it as an ADMIN if your using VISTA or W7) then it looks like either a scenery problem or you need to update your navdata freom PMDGand also like the post before me your FMC doesnt look like its completely filled ,does your magenta line go all the way to your destination without any disscontinuitys?also maybe some more pics off each page of the FMC would helpregards terry

Edited by raa57

Hello,I have had several time that prob, and mostly it comes from a scenery that is using the wrong mag variation. What I suggest is to deactivate one by one the lastly installed scenery untill you solved your prob.Question: Have you installed any scenery recently? (freeware, I have never seen this with payware, and don't misunderstand me, this is not critic freeware versus payware...)Good luckCyrille

I had this same issue and maybe one of the links provided by Terry includes one I posted. I traced it to a recently installed scenery. Interestingly, no one else experienced the same problem with that same scenery, even the author had no problem with it. But I did. So I removed it and all went back to normal.Jim D.

I have similar problem in FS2004 with PMDG 747-400

I load the bird in TTPP runway 10 and it looks fine but from the ND display I see the runway misaligned, not centered when the 747 is in right on the runway 10 ready to take-off. Obviously, it will land later (ILS) near the approach runway, not centered. I use AIRAC 1707. Tried to deactivate from fs9 scenery settings all add-on sceneries, restart the sim and still. Magdec is 2017. Tried the original magdec and still. I have 5 LatinVFR sceneries and I experience the same ND misaligned runway in all before take-off.

Any other Pilot has the same problem? Any help on this I appreciate. 

Patricio Valdes

What has worked for me for many years is to remove the magdec file from its normal location. Put it in a folder with whatever name you want to give it and then a scenery folder within that folder. (NO texture folder!) Put it in your addon scenery folder and add it to your scenery list, making sure that that folder is always the highest number in your scenery list.  (Unless you use AES which has to be the highest number but then make it the next one.) That way, no matter what new sceneries are installed, the original magdec file will always take priority.

I had this problem several times in the past and haven't had it in years since I started doing this

Hope that helps

Ian

• Upvote 1