Sign in to follow this  
Guest estevesm

Unrealistic GA FDE models, Dreamfleet and others...

Guest allcott

I think I begin to see it now. You are out to deliberately pick a fight, and expect members of this forum to back you up.At all times all simmers should remember that you are flying a desk, not a real aircraft. Your `perceptions` are yours to have, but when you expect to drag other simmers into your grievances real or imagined you are going to lose sympathy, real fast. As you can't be `bothered` to provide system specs or details of the hardware you use with FS - which is undoubtedly the root of your problem and not the flight modelling, which almost all multi-hour pilots of the said aircraft find to be a massive improvement, guess you'll have to take the advice, and fix it yourself.You can modify the flight models with aired.exe. You can modify the flight models with changes to the aircraft.cfg. You can overhaul your software or your hardware. It's entirely up to you. That's the beauty of the sim. Quite how much help you will get from this forum with your attitude, I'm not sure. Allcott

Guest SoarPics

These too often repeated discussions about lousy flight dynamics are put in proper perspective when one considers that many flightsimmers are using a $20-$80 joystick (and usually poorly calibrated and maintained) to emulate flying an airplane that is worth anywhere from tens of thousands to tens of millions of dollars.What's wrong with that picture?

Guest allcott

At this point I dont think we should make assumptions about the posters equipment. His integrity and intentions maybe, but his equipment might be cheap or expensive, but any equipment is only as good as the operator.Allcott

Guest DreamFleet

Just to set the record straight.The Cessna 152 being mentioned here is a Flight 1 Software product.The Cessna 152 is NOT a DreamFleet product. DreamFleet only did the 2D panel and gauges, VC internal textures and the manual.The flight dynamics are by Steve Small of FSD fame. I dare say that Steve's reputation for excellent flight dynamics is well-known in the FS community. The aircraft model was built by the extremely talented Roger Dial (he also did the F1 C-421 model), who works for Flight 1.Sounds are by Aaron Swindle (whose ability at mastering sounds is only bettered by his golf game!) from Sky Song Soundworks. Project management was by Flight 1's Jim Rhoads.I could go on with the names of the gaffer, best boy, director, producer, and cinematographer, but I'll spare you that! ;-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg

First of all Allcott and anyone else ready to jump on the bandwagon (Lou) I'm not looking for any sympathy or empathy from you or anyone else. Allcott I don't know if you own the 152 from Flight1 or not but that's not the point. From looking at the many views this post has received I know I'm not the only one who either feels the same, noticed the same thing, and/or on your side of the fence disagrees. Who cares... If I bought something with my own money I'll say what the heck I feel. The developer has my money, he's made his profit and I'm just discussing my findings. What you or anyone feels about me or my comments means absolutely nothing to me at the end of the day. If a developer in question is afraid of future sales based on my comments slander would not help their cause. Furthermore we all know RealAir, Dreamfleet, and Flight1 have nothing to worry about in this department from any of us. Love or hate the things I say, someone has to have the guts to say something if they don't feel they like certain features about a product in question. If I'm wrong help me understand the error in my views but personal attacks, dissecting every little sentence in my post, and/or miss quoting my intentions is not helping anything here it's just starting a fight. If everyone sits back and is afraid to say something for fear of what people like you, Lou or anyone has to say in return is no better than what happened on 9/11. You just let someone fly you and everyone else into hell... I for one am not scared of you or anyone here and I will point out what I find because someone out there may feel the same way I do. We come here to share ideas good or bad not fight about people's point of view about their own property. When I bought that Cessna152 that gave me more of a right to discuss what I invested my money and time into. Did I ask for my money back, no I did not (that should say allot to anyone). I'm sure my comments won't affect future sales for Flight1, Dreamfleet, and/or RealAir. I would gladly purchase all of those design teams work in the future. All this heat about my views on one product is stupid... If I feel the RealAir172 is not my cup of tea and backed it up with things I found, what's wrong with that??? I'm still a customer of the SF260.Allcott your bullying tactics won't work with me and you and everyone who agrees with you can go jump in an ocean somewhere... Give me my money back and/or go help the development team of either RealAir or DreamFleet, only then I could understand your frustration in the hard work you put in (even though the customer your ###### at still has their money burning a hole in your pocket). But if you don't even own the 152 or have a vested interest in either company, what the heck is your point other than to get on here and start crap. P.S. Lou I don't care who designed the plane. No one has to like eveything certain people do...Dillon--Dell 8300 2.6gig (800 FSB)1gig SDRAM Radeon9700 Pro 120gig HDCH Flightstick Pro w/ Peddles

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Blue Skyy

The 172's all adjust: forward, back, up and down. 172 M's, P's, R's, SP's are the one's I've flown but they've all adjusted.The 182 is definately nothing like the 172 with more horsepower. That thing takes work to make it flare and drive it around the sky. Yes, I know how to trim. But it feels like a MUCH heavier aircraft in the controls. The nosewheel steering is completely different then the 172 as well, makes it a bit hard to control on the ground when you first strap into it. In fact, I can't see what people like about it so much. I much prefer the 172SP's over the 182S's anyday.~Skyy

Guest DreamFleet

Hi Dillon,Flight 1 has a 30-day money back policy, no questions asked.Since you seem to be so extremely dissatisfied with the 152, perhaps you should take advantage of this offer, as your comments in public seem to be accomplishing very little.You may not care who designed the plane, Dillon, but to come out in public and blame DreamFleet for aspects of the product that we had NOTHING to do with is unacceptable and inappropriate, as is the language and tone you are using in your posts.Being a "customer" and having spent money, does not give you that right, especially in public. As to what DF did on the 152, I had no problem seeing the cowling in the 152 I photographed, and regardless, many FS users want the cowling to be seen.I would suggest taking advantage of the money back offer.No hard feelings, seriously. :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg

What was your fuel and cargo load and how many people were on board??? We were pretty light the day I flew, tanks were less than half full but if I had a choice I'd take the 182... We only did an hour flight and I wasn't the main pilot meaning I didn't take off and land the bird. Wish I could get back into that thing again and really get a feel for it, we only have 172s and 152s at our airport.

FS2020 

Lou I never said I totally disliked the aircraft and no I will not ask for my money back because it's not that serious. I didn't know DreamFleet only did the panel, you sure don't make that painfully obvious seeing that the plane is listed right there on your main website. I don't feel my tone in the original post was bad especially since I ultimately mentioned how I enjoyed you guy's work over the years (listed in the post you deleted that contained all your slander over on Flightsim.com). My comments are not going to make or break your bank account or your reputation as leading designers. My tone only got bad towards you for the simple fact you attacked me without even personally knowing me. You can't sit there and tell me how much time I have in a real aircraft or assume I'm lying about things I say. I have the Flight1 152 on my PC, I can make a comment about that. I'm personally using this add-on and commenting on it, not the team behind it. If this was the only project you guys have ever done I could understand your point. I never attacked you personally, called you names of any sort, and/or insinuated your intentions. I think you took my comments above out of context (like others have done) and that was the reasoning behind your comments. Out of the 600+ views this thread has received I'm sure some others out there may feel the same way I do and these views are nothing personally against anyone... It almost seems you guys are taking the Microsoft approach to things, "Send Me Nothing But Good Press". If you don't have a problem with me praising your product then you shouldn't have a problem with me pointing things out, heck either way you still got my money. We got this same problem with the guys at Redmond and you wonder why we can't get anything done concerning issues with FS2k4. Why even have a forum if everything is censored and policed to a point individual views can't be heard with out fear of attack. Sometimes it seems some of you developers and Microsoft feel your above the actual people your targeting as your purchasing audience. We all know every one of you guys do great work so why get so ###### as to get out of character defending something someone liked enough to buy in the first place from you... It's amazing when people first start off in business they welcome all feedback but once they make it to some sort of success they in turn feel they are above hearing anything they don't want to hear and if forced to they come out of the corner cussing, kicking, and screaming...

FS2020 

Guest estevesm

I found the difference between RA 172 and FS9 172 close to none. There was a huge difference in FS2k2 but not in FS9.I do have a question about pax in that AC (RA): If I put only the pilot in the pax config, the aircraft has a strong tendency to turn left. Is this properly modelled? It flies ok if you have both pilot and another person on the right seat....BTW, the stock C208B and RA's 208B also are very close and I still didn't decide about which one to choose.Disclaimer: I'm not a real world pilot. Just wanted to share my opinions and ask a question.. :-)RgdsMarcelo