Sign in to follow this  
misterit

Performance Update

Does nobody know something ?Maybe I chose the wrong word = Performance.Does PDMG plan (or maybe already did) to change the performance for the PMDG 747-8 ?In the real world not only the design of the plane has be changed.Also the performance has been changed.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -747-400Maximum Range : 7,260 nm (13,450 km) Maximum Fuel Capacity : 57,285 U.S. gal (216,840 L)Typical Cruise Speed at FL350 : 0.85 Mach / 567 mph (913 km/h)Maximum Takeoff Weight : 875,000 lb (396,890 kg)Reference Boeing747-800Maximum Range : 8,000 nm (14,815 km)Maximum Fuel Capacity : 64,055 U.S. gallons (242,470 L) Typical Cruise Speed at FL350 : Mach 0.855 / 567 mph (913 km/h) Maximum Takeoff Weight : 975,000 lb (442,250 kg)Reference Boeing- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Is there anything planned for a performance update ??

Marco Kaufer

Please add your name to your post. Forum rules.No. The 747-800 is a visual add on only. It does not change any perfomance data.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Please add your name to your post. Forum rules.No. The 747-800 is a visual add on only. It does not change any perfomance data.
If you cannot answer his question, why post? He is enquiring if PMDG are planning a performance update to bring it in-line with the real version?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Does nobody know something ?Maybe I chose the wrong word = Performance.Does PDMG plan (or maybe already did) to change the performance for the PMDG 747-8 ?In the real world not only the design of the plane has be changed.Also the performance has been changed........Is there anything planned for a performance update ??
If you cannot answer his question, why post? He is enquiring if PMDG are planning a performance update to bring it in-line with the real version?
If you can't say something productive, why post? My interpretation of his question is that he is wondering why the 748 he purchased does not fly like a 748. I have yet to be contradicted or supported by himself or another poster.

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

@yos233I purchased the 747-400, but not yet the 747-8Why I should buy this one, when it has the same bahaviour like the 747-400.This question what I asked is more like a request.When they would update the performance then I would buy this addon.

Marco Kaufer

@yos233I purchased the 747-400, but not yet the 747-8Why I should buy this one, when it has the same bahaviour like the 747-400.This question what I asked is more like a request.When they would update the performance then I would buy this addon.
You would only want to buy if you want to see the extension if the body. I havn't heard any word of them updating performance, they might or might not do it.

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Just like Erik, I was under the impression that when I bought this addon, I would be buying different performances?I was also of the impression that only the flight deck guages etc., were the same as the 744.

Dave Taylor gb.png

From the 748 Product Page...*Note: This product is a visual model extension that uses the underlying PMDG 747-400X simulation for the flight, cockpit and systems models. This product is not intended to simulate the difference in flight characteristics between the 747-400 and the 747-8. This product allows the user to add a high fidelity visual model of the 747-8 to their Flight Simulator X experience. Seems like pretty honest advertising to me. It is what it is.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

My personal opinion,An update for the -8 will probably appear when they will be working for the 747 V2, I might even say, that the 747 V2 will be the -8 by default and the -400 will be included in the package.I think.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

From the 748 Product Page...*Note: This product is a visual model extension that uses the underlying PMDG 747-400X simulation for the flight, cockpit and systems models. This product is not intended to simulate the difference in flight characteristics between the 747-400 and the 747-8. This product allows the user to add a high fidelity visual model of the 747-8 to their Flight Simulator X experience. Seems like pretty honest advertising to me. It is what it is.
Agreed. It goes a little further when you click the purchase button if you had gotten that far expecting more:NOTE: The underlying simulation is the 747-400X. This product adds only the new visual models and an updated GEnX engine sound package.
My personal opinion,An update for the -8 will probably appear when they will be working for the 747 V2, I might even say, that the 747 V2 will be the -8 by default and the -400 will be included in the package.I think.
Doubtful, but I see how you could think that. Of course, that too is just my opinion. While I wouldn't doubt they may include some performance updates to the -8i/F model, I doubt they'd make the -8i/F the primary. The -400 has always been the mainstay of the 747 series. To make the -8i/F the primary when it hasn't taken the globe by storm yet would be slightly backwards. However, again, I see how you might come to that conclusion.

Kyle Rodgers

It is interesting that everybody is posting something what doesn't answer my question. I got now an official answer from one of the PMDG Team. - - - - - - - Marco,We are well aware of the differences - the 747-8 Extension product we made is a visual model only, it does not have systems/performance differences. The real 747-8i hasn't even flown yet.We will consider doing the -8 systems and flight model fully at a later date, but it will be a separate full product most likely.Ryan MaziarzTechnical SupportPMDG Simulations, LLC.www.precisionmanuals.com - - - - - In this case. The topic can be closed now.

Marco Kaufer

..................No doubt with a discount for those who bought the 748 extension eh Ryan?

Dave Taylor gb.png

This is the reason I refuse to purchase this product - it's essentially a repaint when it boils down to it. The only differences are cosmetic and not worth paying for in my opinion.

Matthew Bellette

This is the reason I refuse to purchase this product - it's essentially a repaint when it boils down to it. The only differences are cosmetic and not worth paying for in my opinion.
I bought it and the LCF and I hardly ever use them, but it was more about supporting PMDG with my money because they make the best airliners for FSX in my opinion and I want them to keep producing top quality add-ons. I understand your viewpoint on this as well.

Shane Gavin