Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

To Realair Simulations

...These engines sound quieter than the piston Duke to me. Is that supposed to be the case?
When I flew 157JT during the climbout I took off my headsets and talked to my father sitting in the back seat using a normal talking voice... it is really that quiet. The giant Lycomings on the piston Duke are loud enough you couldn't do that without yelling and you wouldn't want to leave the headsets off!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Imagine if they did a KIng Air 200! Man they'd sell that thing so fast. Carenado most likley will do it, but nothing like the quality coming from Real Air these days, should seriously consider it Rob and Sean. Thanks for the Turbine!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I don't want to sound like a groupie, but I too have to gush and dribble on about the Royal Duke. It's simply the best.
833Capture_1.png

First-off, I have been a huge Realair fan since the C172 many moons ago. I have bought all of your products and loved every single one, I freqently read forum reviews before I purchase aircraft and I generally know what's hot and what's not - and I certainly know what I like. But I can honestly say that I have never before, seen so much deepfelt gushing over one single aircraft, as I have seen here today. I just bought Caranedo's C340 - I haven't bought the Turbine Duke yet.....I'm leaving that pleasure for the weekend. But this is one weekend I am looking forward to....Orcas Is to Chilliwack in the C340......Chilliwack to Calgary in the Duke. :( Bliss

Well, I recently put together a machine that ought to run FSX fairly well, and I'm in the process of ramping it up as far as addons go. I can't recall seeing this much positive feedback apart from one or two other products. Guess I'll have to get this one. Thanks for this thread!Matt

Nice looking ship there Stephen. How does it run on the SB? I'll probably buy it because a) I luv twin turbines and :( it will keep me busy while waiting for the Lancair SP 1. Do you know of any published reviews.Cheersjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Do you know of any published reviews.
Bit early for that, would you not say... :( There is an Avsim review in the works..

Bert

Nice looking ship there Stephen. How does it run on the SB? I'll probably buy it because a) I luv twin turbines and :( it will keep me busy while waiting for the Lancair SP 1. Do you know of any published reviews.Cheersjja
342Capture_2.pngHi Jim,Good to see you! It runs great on Sandy Bridge. Mini review:Real AirTurbine DukeDownloads quickly, installs easily, quality textures, looks good, handles great, immersive sound, fantastic flight, seems real, accurate instruments, detailed exterior, fresh interior, furiously fast, priced right, highly recommended and best choice.Kind regards,

Soo close to purchasing, Can we get a youtube video. I mean I love my orignal Duke and can't see how it can be better.

Soo close to purchasing, Can we get a youtube video. I mean I love my orignal Duke and can't see how it can be better.
LOL you must be joking...Outside it looks the same.. that is where it stopthis is turbine.. totaly different...!! and wayyyyyy BETTER..!!

Vincent, I think you are asking for the right thing there. Enthusiasm is big on this product and (after buying it), I really could join in there but I'm also aware that the changes are (apart from the engines and their performance) of a subtle nature, no doubt.So if one isn't so much into GA planes or asked himself about the original Duke and her qualities, he may end with a "really nice plane, but what's so special about it that drives everybody mad?" question.Don't get me wrong, Realair once again did a great job and I don't regret this buy at all. I love the new opportunity to now use the piston or the turbine version in very good quality.I think that one sees so many "go Duke!" threads now because Realair has no dedicated forum to collect all the "usual" praises like other devs do in their forums.This thing is really good, I like it, but it might stay "yet another twin" for some, if they aren't into digging for small details. So lets say, I'm at least trying to stay ahead of my enthusiasm. :smile:The Duke IS a great product, with or without turbine engines and the buyer of the normal Duke will already know some qualities which sometimes got refined in the turbine version and sometimes stayed at their already high level.

Might add my two cents, but this girl is a whole different animal with the PT6's strapped to the wings. Does it share some similarities to it's older sister? Yes... Are there plenty of new touches and details... Yes. I must say in my opinion this is the nicest turbine GA aircraft available, and the sounds!!! Oh my. Wonderful job. I honestly can't see myself going back to the piston duke after this release, it's truly a blast! It's like having your own mini-king air. Great job once again Rob and Sean! Thank you!

I like to express my thanks to Real Air as well, took the Duke for a ride last night and overstressed the engines unintentionallythe plane lost power and started to stall with black smoke out of the engines. Amazing, thanks.May have been asked already, but could Avsim give Real Air its own forum, I am sure more infocould be exchanged about this wonderful aircraft.Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger