Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pramod

747-200 Engine Start Problem

Since I downloaded and installed 744-200, I am struggling with the engine starting. I follow the procedure in the manuals and when I start the engine the N2 value goes up to about 12-13% and then does not increase further. I have the APU running and enough bleed pressure. I also looked at several videos on YouTube on this subject - they all seem to be following the same procedure.Another question - when I start FSX and then load RFP 747-200 the engines are running??Pramod

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Since I downloaded and installed 744-200, I am struggling with the engine starting. I follow the procedure in the manuals and when I start the engine the N2 value goes up to about 12-13% and then does not increase further. I have the APU running and enough bleed pressure. I also looked at several videos on YouTube on this subject - they all seem to be following the same procedure.Another question - when I start FSX and then load RFP 747-200 the engines are running??Pramod
The condition in which RFP starts is related to your basic, default startup; if your default flight starts with the engine (s) running, so will RFP. The most common omission that people have made when trying to start the engines is not to open the engine air valves on the hydraulics panel, check and make certain that you have done that before looking elsewhere.

"when I start FSX" Might be a factor. Don't think RFP is compatible with FSX, certainly at least not fully.

"when I start FSX" Might be a factor. Don't think RFP is compatible with FSX, certainly at least not fully.
You are quite correct, RFP is not compatible with FSX.