thanks. im pretty happy with how everything turned out especially how smooth it was with 4.6Ghz @ 1.34v....now time to install all the addons and enjoy FSX!!!!

Migrating from an i7-920@4Ghz to i5-2500K, and wanted to get some object analysis of the difference. Still on the 920 and benchmarking the first flight, I see an average of 30-32 fps much in line with other 920 users. However the 2nd and subsequence flight (i.e. without restarting FSX in between) saw more like 40 fps ave. That didn't seem right compared to others, is it a common experience? Is it expected to restart FSX between each benchmark? I also tested an overclock of my GTX470, 607->707Mhz. This improved the ave fps by up to 7%, but more interestingly improved the lowest fps by 33% (15 to 20). Finally testing a Vertex 2 SSD in place of a 2TB Hitatchi yielded no appreciable difference in any measurements. Next stop is sandybridge.Simon

Migrating from an i7-920@4Ghz to i5-2500K, and wanted to get some object analysis of the difference. Still on the 920 and benchmarking the first flight, I see an average of 30-32 fps much in line with other 920 users. However the 2nd and subsequence flight (i.e. without restarting FSX in between) saw more like 40 fps ave. That didn't seem right compared to others, is it a common experience? Is it expected to restart FSX between each benchmark? I also tested an overclock of my GTX470, 607->707Mhz. This improved the ave fps by up to 7%, but more interestingly improved the lowest fps by 33% (15 to 20). Finally testing a Vertex 2 SSD in place of a 2TB Hitatchi yielded no appreciable difference in any measurements. Next stop is sandybridge. Simon
What are your IQ settings and what's your benchmark flight like please? (FSX settings, aircraft, location, weather, scenery addons...)

My Config. Athlon X3 445 3.8 Oc'ed4 GB DDR3 1333 2x2Asus AMD 790GHD 5450 1G I know it's a low system :) Fsx settings HIGHMEMFIX / Bufferpools / Fibre_frame / Autogen Normal / Scenery Normal / ground trafffic NIL / Air Traffic 60% / water low / special effects low / terrain res 100% / LOD 50% / mesh res less than 60 / screen res 1280x1024. Max 37 low 12. Will try with autogen & scenery to dense and report.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It's supposed to be done on a vanilla FSX with no addons or tweaks. Haha

It's supposed to be done on a vanilla FSX with no addons or tweaks. Haha
:) Damn , I removed all the add ons and will remove the tweaks too and report.

My Config.Athlon X3 445 3.8 Oc'ed4 GB DDR3 1333 2x2Asus AMD 790GHD 5450 1GMax 24.3low 13.1.stock fsx settings.

Hi all Here's my results so far. Both the CPU and the GPU could be pushed a bit higher, but I'm a bit scared of upping the voltages too much. Will see how I get on, and post another set of results if there's any improvement. Will also try with HT enabled, but I reckon that'll be slower. Cheers,RFE RFE_FSXMark11_Report.jpg

Here are mine. Sorry, didn't have time to do three tests. I couldn't be bothered taking off REX so probably add 5FPS or so the the average. Hardware Config:CPU: Core i5 2500k 4.7GHzRAM: 4GB 1333 CL7 G.SkillGPU: ASUS GTX 570 850MHzHDD: Single 1TB Caviar Blue Frames: 15664 Time (ms): 447460Min: 21Max: 50Avg: 35.006

Andrew, it needs to be run on a stock FSX. No mods, no addons. Nothing.

I will try that one day. I thought I would upload it here anyway, either way, its no advantage to me if this is any competition.

OK, I am restoring FSX cloud textures so I should have some proper results in 10 minutes or so now that I have some time.

Andrew. Read the instructions. It's gotta be a completely new install.