Very impressive results! I am glad to see that the 680 performs equal to or a bit better than the GTX580.

Here is the GTX680 on my i5 system.

The card was OC'd in Precision X to an offset of 200 on the GPU and 527 on the memory. Adaptive Vsync was turned off during these tests.

FSMark11-1.png

After running the 4 tests I decided to see how much of the GPU is being used. I performed 3 more flights (with Precision X frame rate goal of 120) and used OSD to watch the GPU clock, GPU load, and memory clock. During the run the GPU clock varied but maxed at 1013mhz (far less than the 1324mhz it runs at max stable OC). The interesting part was the GPU load never exceeded 65%. FPS were similar to the regular 4 test flights.

Here is a log from the last flight.

PX.png

One nice thing you will notice the temps (bottom) stayed at 50 degrees throughout the flight.

I am going to load in REX, FTX and the J41 then bump the settings in inspector to see if I can max the GPU.

Just checking that WideAspectTrue was set in the config?

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Just checking that WideAspectTrue was set in the config?

No it wasn't. Cfg was left at stock except for bojotes online tweaking tool and settings from the fsxmark11 instructions.

No it wasn't.

Hi John,

That has to be set to true in order to have an accurate accessment. Can you rerun it again following the exact protocol?

Kind regards,

Very impressive results! I am glad to see that the 680 performs equal to or a bit better than the GTX580.

Thanks Ben!

I will say I am really pleased with the power and temps tbh. No longer feels like I have a reactor is sitting in my case.

Running at 30fps with vsync has been great on this card. IMO it is much smoother than the 580 especially in panning around the vc. This could also be new toy joy!

But I am still tweaking and playing with the card so we will see.

I am creating a test flight around KSEA to test the card and tweaks.

Hi John,

That has to be set to true in order to have an accurate accessment. Can you rerun it again following the exact protocol?

Kind regards,

Sure but I didn't see that in the PDF instructions. Did I miss it?

I was under the impression it is suppose to be a vanilla install with no tweaks besides the ones from bojotes site.

It's in the PDF, but you really must read the PDF line by line to catch it. I recommend highlighting the PDF as you work your way through it to avoid missing anything.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

It's in the PDF, but you really must read the PDF line by line to catch it. I recommend highlighting the PDF as you work your way through it to avoid missing anything.

I see it now. I apologize.

Will reinstall later tonight and test again.

Hi John,

Kind regards,

Here you go.

FSMark11Fixed.png

I ran the complete cycle twice and on the second brought up monitoring on the GPU. Like my tests last night the GPU never stressed over 60-65% and the GPU clock was no where near maxed.

GTX680 results in this test look identical to similar clocked i5's.

Sorry again about missing that line. I must fault a good bourbon for the snafu.

Here you go.

FSMark11Fixed.png

I ran the complete cycle twice and on the second brought up monitoring on the GPU. Like my tests last night the GPU never stressed over 60-65% and the GPU clock was no where near maxed.

How do you create those images with the results?

My guess, or how I would do it:

type into excel, press printscreen, paste into irfanview, crop it, save it, post it :)

and if you are totally clever, use the snipping tool of w7.

How do you create those images with the results?

Open the spreadsheet and highlight only the cells you want then hit copy. Open MS Paint (the greatest paint software ever ;) ) and paste the cells.

Then just crop and save as a jpg.

It is just a quick and easy way. You can also use PS or Gimp and do the same thing.

Open the spreadsheet and highlight only the cells you want then hit copy. Open MS Paint (the greatest paint software ever ;) ) and paste the cells.

Then just crop and save as a jpg.

It is just a quick and easy way. You can also use PS or Gimp and do the same thing.

Thanks! I have always been perplexed as to how users create them! I appreciate it! :smile:

Thank you John. I really appreciate the extra effort it took for you to backup and run the test again.

Kind regards,

Apparently the version of Precision X (3.0.2) I am using has a fault where it won't maintain OC's on 680 cards. This could explain why my GPU clock never exceeded stock boost yet memory did.

I am going to revert to MSI Afterburner and retry since I have not changed my FSX yet.