Unfortunately the results are no better that his 2600K and 2700K set ups with the GTX 580. Also I suspect the 3770K may not live too long at 1.41V. Nice to see the results though.

A 2600K @ 4.9GHZ performs slower than 50FPS....

The super fast memory is what helps is HLJames' situation.

OK, here are the results with my new GTX570 installed

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Here's my results at a few different Overclock Settings.

I was hoping for a little higher average FPS on the higher overclocks, but I'm thinking it could be my RAM slowing me down a bit or maybe just that it's all on an Alienware Board that is made by Dell. haha.

Never the less it all looks nice and smooth :smile:

What do you think?

Woot! Ivy Bridge + GTX 680 = win!

fsxmark11.jpg

Are you sure wideviewaspect was set to true for these runs?

Are you sure wideviewaspect was set to true for these runs?

I'll go back and check, I just followed the FSXMark setup guide and ran my config file through Bojote's tweak.

Looks like wideviewaspect was still set to false so my results are not valid. I quickly re-tested and came up with results similar to what I had last reported in the IB results thread. A bit of a letdown, but performance in-use is still fantastic so I shouldn't be focused on the numbers so much as the experience.

I'll re-test tonight or tomorrow and post official results here.

Looks like wideviewaspect was still set to false so my results are not valid. I quickly re-tested and came up with results similar to what I had last reported in the IB results thread. A bit of a letdown, but performance in-use is still fantastic so I shouldn't be focused on the numbers so much as the experience.

I'll re-test tonight or tomorrow and post official results here.

The real test for that awesome GPU overclock will be SGSS. FSMark11 was conceived to take the GPU out of the equation so don't feel bad about your results.

Waiting to receive this late next week or early the following

Corsair Obsidian 550D Tower Black

Asrock Z77 EXTREME4 DDR3 ATX SLI/CFX

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz 6MB Box S1155 Unlocked

Antec Kühler H2O 920 2x120mm AM2/3/1155/1156/1366

Corsair DDR3 PC1600 8GB kit CL7 VENGEANCE

Gigabyte GeForce GTX670 2GB DDR5

SanDisk SSD 120GB 2,5" Extreme 540/460 MB r/w

WD Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB SATA6 64MB

Samsung SH-B123L BD-ROM/DVD-RW SATA black Retail

Corsair TX Series 850W TX850M 80+ Bronze

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

I did a test run of FSXMark11 on a rig that is as close to the Sys Req of FSX Acceleration that I could find. (Win XP2 or higher 1 GB, 2.0 GHz or higher (Single core), DirectX 9c, 128 MB video RAM, Shader model 1.1).

A Compaq 510 Evo SF was the unfortunate victim in this experiment - no animals were harmed during testing.

I guess this establishes a new bottom line benchmark for FSX – but also demonstrates how far we have come since 2007.

Look forward to post what will hopefully be a somewhat higher FPS measurement in week or two.

I guess this establishes a new bottom line benchmark for FSX – but also demonstrates how far we have come since 2007.

Holy Cow!

I did a test run of FSXMark11 on a rig that is as close to the Sys Req of FSX Acceleration that I could find. (Win XP2 or higher 1 GB, 2.0 GHz or higher (Single core), DirectX 9c, 128 MB video RAM, Shader model 1.1).

A Compaq 510 Evo SF was the unfortunate victim in this experiment - no animals were harmed during testing.

Look forward to post what will hopefully be a somewhat higher FPS measurement in week or two.

1.4 FPS, right. But frame rate doesn't matter, it's all about smoothness and with such low timings at CAS2 it must have been silk smooth

it's all about smoothness and with such low timings at CAS2 it must have been silk smooth

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Finally got back to re-testing after setting everything up according to instructions again and I'm very happy to say that with the latest 301.42 driver performance is back up to results I had last reported, and even a bit higher! Confirmed wideviewaspect=true this time as well. Looks like I had something mis-configured in the Nvidia Control Panel previously that was causing results to drop when I enabled wideview. Set it back to stock and here we are:

301424700fsxmark11.jpg

Finally got back to re-testing after setting everything up according to instructions again and I'm very happy to say that with the latest 301.42 driver performance is back up to results I had last reported, and even a bit higher! Confirmed wideviewaspect=true this time as well. Looks like I had something mis-configured in the Nvidia Control Panel previously that was causing results to drop when I enabled wideview. Set it back to stock and here we are:

301424700fsxmark11.jpg

Very impressive results. - This is really great to see that the IB chips paired with PCIe3, 680, and fast RAM can produce a great result! Thanks for sharing!

Would you be willing to take the test @ 4.5GHZ?