Please stop posting general hardware questions and discussions in this thread. This thread serves a purpose, I am checking it whenever there is a new post in it, to see if there are new results to enter into the chart, but each time I have to scroll through posts and posts, trying to find results.

Let's keep this about FSXMark11 results and results only.

Thanks.

Please stop posting general hardware questions and discussions in this thread. This thread serves a purpose, I am checking it whenever there is a new post in it, to see if there are new results to enter into the chart, but each time I have to scroll through posts and posts, trying to find results.

Let's keep this about FSXMark11 results and results only.

Thanks.

Feel free to delete all of my posts. Sorry about that! :smile:

Sorry Word Not Allowed, that's probably my fault for asking for advice in the wrong area. :blush:

Back on topic though, I went out and grabbed some of the faster 2133Mhz RAM I'd linked to in my previous post and just finished testing so have some new FSX Mark results.

With the old RAM results were as follows:

Results with the new RAM are:

So I've dropped down from 16GB 1600Mhz to 8 GB 2133Mhz and have picked up approx 2.5FPS on average which is an improvement of about 6%.

Considering I'll be able to sell my old RAM for more than I spent on the faster RAM it's a worthwhile upgrade for me.

I think I need to stop tweaking my system and just fly, but for some reason I still feel like I could do better. lol :Nerd:

Anyhow, looks like faster RAM is the way to go for FSX performance.

5june2012juvat.jpg

dual boot: win8.1pro64bit (primary) | win10pro64bit  | mobo: MSI Prestige x570 Creation | cpu and cooler:  AMD 5950X; Noctua NH-U12A | ram: 4each 8gb sticks of ddr4-3200 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 | gpu:  nvidia RTX2070Super Founders Edition| lcd: LG 24" 4k, LG 24UD58-B

Now that the 670s 4GB came out I finally made my move as I've been waiting for a good 3 monitor card for other games besides FSX.

Same exact system i5-2500k@4.8 16GB (cheap) RAM @1600.

Before: GTX560Ti/448 OC 1.2GB VRAM

After: GTX670 SC 4GB VRAM

So no surprises here both in FSXMark11 and in normal FSX using Word Not Allowed's config, there is not much difference in FPS between the 560Ti/1.2GB and the 670/4GB, but I do notice an notable improvement in overall smoothness and a very flyable smoothness when flying in <30 FPS situations especially with BP=0.

Also I used to notice with the 560 with payware airports and aircraft and REX that the VRAM in use would max out, and now with the 670 I notice that VRAM in use is usually 1.4GB-1.5GB in those situations, this being with 8xS/2xSGSS

At some point I plan to tackle triple monitor with FSX again where I suspect the 4GB VRAM will really come in handy, but I'm not too optimistic as far as it being what I use all the time in FSX based on my past attempts with a 5870 and seeing that FSX doesn't really allow moving the zoom far enough to make it realistic looking in the VC, so for now the 4GB VRAM is for use in other sims for triple monitor.

Anyhow some good GTX 670 and 4GB VRAM data for the FSXMark11 tally.

--John near KPAE

Here's my Results for FSMARK11

(my mem timings are set on auto in the bios)

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

Hi

Did some tests with Evga 670 4GB

MoBo GA-Z77X-UD5H

Fresh Windows 7 HP 64bit

Fresh FSX SP2

Nvidia 301.42 All App Controlled

No NV Inspector installed

Venetubo replacement Cfg installed

VSink fix unchecked

WideViewAspect= True

1680X1050X32 Res

Realism - Hard

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

Regards Hasse

Thank you Hasse. Great results with your 2700K. It also shows the advantage of your faster RAM. Good numbers! What Vcore did you use for the 5.2 Ghz run?

Kind regards,

You think we'll ever hit 100fps on FSXMark11? :)

You think we'll ever hit 100fps on FSXMark11? :)

Maybe in 5 more years! Honestly though, I bet we will be on another platform within a few more years.

Maybe in 5 more years! Honestly though, I bet we will be on another platform within a few more years.

Let's face it, we'll still be here benching our Intel core Graphen I77 @ 550GHz in FSMark11 in 30 years :biggrin:

Hi

I have 1,46V on that run, this a losed the timing one notch

and maxed out the cpu whith base clk 1,52V ev i can make 2200mhz on the rams

The Z-77 boards overclock very nice

4.gif

Coling H100 double sided fans ambient 18C

Regards Hassed

Nice results, it looks like good memory really pays off, I may need to consider that as an upgrade.

--John near KPAE

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of reporting this unprecedented result for FSXMark 11:

I have now received the rig described in the sig below - and have made a couple of test runs of FSXMark 11:

Stock settings:

Rough OC to 4.4 GHz through Asrock predefined OC profile in BIOS:

I certainly look forward to try for an OC that is higher, stable and safe - and will report my results here.

As it is quite a number of years ago that i last did the OC'ing waltz I do expect to play on the safe side - but time will tell.

Unfortunately the discussion of RAM speeds only got under way after I had ordered my system so on that particular issue I guess I'll play a waiting game.

After all I also very much look forward to flying a fully installed FSX with all the bells and whistles :Straight Face:

As we currently have many results in the FSXMark11, I will allow here only posts including tests, so one can read through the thread easily and see the results, but I will not be entering them into the list, until interesting tests come up. There is no point of entering the test into the list, and having 100 38fps tests. Tests going further and beyond 50fps are going to be interesting, new cards, new CPUs, new RAMs, basically anything that boosts the performance considerably.

Post about general hardware, upgrades or whatever non-related to FSXMark11 are going to be deleted, without whys or buts. Thanks for understanding.