But I digress, the highest temperatures actually were registered 56- 57C on Core1, 2 and 3 (out of Core0-Core4) at 100% load on Core1 @4800Mhz all cores (according to Core Temp Log). I'm really happy now.

Cheers,

Dirk.

identical, so I want to see if I can emulate your scores.

BimmerCop, make sure your joysticks, TIR, misc input, all usb drives and hubs are disconnected and joystick software is not running. Can really make a difference.

Did you try it with the above cfg (FSXMark11)? If you have your os and fsx backups you could roll back and try it out again?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Attached are my FSX SP2 (as opposed to FSX ACCELERATION earlier) results in FSXMark11:

One thing I noticed in FSX SP2 was the flood light coming on in less than a second after I hit "P" to unpause. I can't remember, I didn't notice it coming on at all when running FSX ACCELERATION in FSXMark11 earlier, I'm not sure about this though.

Cheers,

Dirk.

Dirk,

Great results....Looks good!

HLJAMES

Guys, judge yourselves what extra 900MHz can do to your FPS :

1. @3.9GHz:

2. @4.8GHz:

Average delta: 13.10 FPS at temps below 60C - not too shabby in my books.

Cheers,

Dirk.

The above results were taken in Acceleration. I checked the flood light does not come on in FSXMark11 (Acceleration) vs FSXMark11 (SP2).

Dirk.

Average delta: 13.10 FPS - not too shabby in my books.

Wow! 900MHZ yielding 13FPS... Very good scaling. Thanks for these tests!

A couple of minor points about the version of the FSXMark11 installation and benchmark guide that I read (I may have missed it, but I don't think this has been noted anywhere else in the thread):

The installation and benchmark guide says to set the FSX Current Realism Settings to "Hard" and shows in the accompanying screencap an image that has only two (unselected) options for Engines, which are "enable automixture" and "unlimited fuel." However, my FSX Current Realism Settings, running under Acceleration, shows three options -- the same two as in the guide's screencap, plus "engine stress damages engines." The guide doesn't say whether to select or leave this option unselected for those whose FSX versions include this option. (It's confusing since the guide indicates that under Crashes and Damage you should select "aircraft stress causes damage.")

The other point is less confusing: Under Test Execution, the guide says that "you should also see a yellow FPS counter in the top right hand corner of the display ...." In the version of FSXMark11 I downloaded, the FRAPS FPS counter displays in the upper LEFT hand corner, not the right.

Following on what was noted above, it might be helpful for those posting their FSXMark11 results to be sure to indicate whether they are running Acceleration vs SP2 vs raw FSX.

Vic

A couple of minor points about the version of the FSXMark11 installation and benchmark guide that I read (I may have missed it, but I don't think this has been noted anywhere else in the thread):

The installation and benchmark guide says to set the FSX Current Realism Settings to "Hard" and shows in the accompanying screencap an image that has only two (unselected) options for Engines, which are "enable automixture" and "unlimited fuel." However, my FSX Current Realism Settings, running under Acceleration, shows three options -- the same two as in the guide's screencap, plus "engine stress damages engines." The guide doesn't say whether to select or leave this option unselected for those whose FSX versions include this option. (It's confusing since the guide indicates that under Crashes and Damage you should select "aircraft stress causes damage.")

The other point is less confusing: Under Test Execution, the guide says that "you should also see a yellow FPS counter in the top right hand corner of the display ...." In the version of FSXMark11 I downloaded, the FRAPS FPS counter displays in the upper LEFT hand corner, not the right.

Following on what was noted above, it might be helpful for those posting their FSXMark11 results to be sure to indicate whether they are running Acceleration vs SP2 vs raw FSX.

foibles, the current version of FSXMark11 guide was based on FSX SP2, therefore in Acceleration you see the new entry "Engine stress damages engine". I checked it both on and off and found no difference at all.

For those who like turboprops and still on SP2 I recommend to buy Acceleration, there was a discussion some time ago , that mentioned this difference, and I discovered this new box when I installed Acceleration first time on my new rig.

As to the FRAPS FPS counter, it's in the guide, see on page 3 screen 2: the bullet is in the top right corner.

Cheers,

Dirk.

Great results Dirk ... Really good

Cheers Hasse

Thanks, Hasse. You, guys, made it really easy to follow and do it.

Dirk.

Two questions:

(1) Has anyone compared FSXMark11 scores between Windows 7 and Windows 8, everything else left the same?

(2) Does an increase in FSXMark11 scores from 40 FPS to 50 FPS correlate with noticeable improvements in the simming experience?

Vic

Hello Guys,

This is my new rig. Above 4.6 ghz I´m having some crashes.

See the tests results...

Regards

Bruno

Where are your results?

Hi

Think its very quet in this tread , ar all waiting for Haswell results.

Had nothing to do waiting for the new Cpu, decided to refresh Old School BCLK clocking.

Have a old Lynnfield I5-760 cooled with a Corsair H60 , get some good runs after tuning the mems the

fps gain was 10% , @2020mhz cl8

Screen shot Aida64 CPUZ https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54475361/760/Dump-760.gif

Regards / Hasse

FSM11-I5_760-Web.gif

Hasse, when I saw your name come up as the latest poster in this thread I assumed you would have some tasty Haswell numbers for us.  You've dashed my hopes to pieces.  Great Lynnfield numbers though!

I will post my i7-3930k results later today. I will leave it non oc'd and then I will oc it. So it should be very good. I have all my addons installed now and get almost 30fps at fsdt klax with the ngx. I will post my results soon. 

a54316-5.png