Hi

Short uppdate.

Swap to the TITAN GPU, Shall not do anything or very little in this almost CPU bound test.

New Bios with Enhance DDR performance.

I dont now what they done, yesterday when testing 4.8 it throtlled minimal the avg dropped to 51-52 @4.8

With the new Bios it performed very well, the cooling cant take any more time for SS next week ^_^

56-4770-webb.gif

Haas, Very nice results!

Why do you think Haswell core overclocking is so limited!

With the same cooling Ivy will run stable at 5.1 GHz.

I am sure the memory problems wil be fixed with BIOs updates

Sub ambient cooling may be the only solution.

HLJAMES

TechguyMaxC, on 22 Jun 2013 - 8:19 PM, said:

TechguyMaxC, on 22 Jun 2013 - 8:19 PM, said:

Hasse have you de-lidded?

Not yet , this CPU shall a do some LN2 benches with, but first tests with the SS (further tuning for LN2) when it retire and go for full time in the sim ,yes a delidd.

And after the Benches if time a do a special FSMark11 LN2 session video for our great Avsim contribrutor Ben Cap :blink:

HLJames, on 22 Jun 2013 - 8:23 PM, said:

HLJames, on 22 Jun 2013 - 8:23 PM, said:

Haas, Very nice results!

Why do you think Haswell core overclocking is so limited!

With the same cooling Ivy will run stable at 5.1 GHz.

I am sure the memory problems wil be fixed with BIOs updates

Sub ambient cooling may be the only solution.

HLJAMES

Think ,you give the answer the internal voltage regulation with help from IMC.

SS would be the perfect soulotion -20 to-40C would be the future ok it started with IB .

Have you test the 2X2gb Ripjaws (Elpida BBSE) that you have in the 2700K runs?

Thanks for the kind words.

Hasse

Hi

Run the 4770K with subzero today (SS)

This is a BEAST very, very hard to tame.

the imc is wired when get up in CPU speed must have less spd on the mems or looser timings.

have the same result with @5.1 as @5.2 most loose the timmings and mhz to get it stable.

5.1 need less voltage for now i run that hope for new BIOS soon that fix that.

59-4770-webb.gif

Hasse, 59.3 thats fantastic. Haswell IPC is making up for disappointing memory speed.

I'm reassembling but my chip is not a good chip 4.6 GHz @ 1.38 V

When i ran the benchmark my cash speed was only 4.6 GHz and i did not increase cache voltage (uncore).

HLJAMES

my cash speed was only 4.6 GHz

There we have it ^_^

According uncore (cash speed) the worlds number one memory GURU HIWA you need -0.2 to -0.3 lower than CPU speed.

FSX is not critcal to cash spd my tip is begin with uncore 40-42 work the cpu to max stable mhz then optimize the mem spd and timings.

Last raise the uncore to the point you get unstable back one notch.

Cheers Hasse

59.3!!! That is truly remarkable! These Haswell chips are doing well with FSX! 

Hi
Traps when setting up the New Haswell, before start scream about bad performance.
First a OC to 4.2GHZ mem Value Ram 1600mhz XMP settings.

Then a swap Mems to 2600 CL9 1T see the Differens.

It confirms Saab340:s great work.

4.2-1600.gif

4.2-2600.gif

Your last run at 2600MHZ really shows the impressive memory capabilities in Haswell... Looks like it is crucial to get 2133+ mem kits and OC to 4.3+ GHZ for optimal performance.

That's a huge difference cased just by the RAM. I guess FSXmark11 is almost 100% CPU limited with a Titan.

I just love how you can throw hardware at FSX and it happily eat it all=)

How high did the IMC in IvyBridge manage to overclock? And how does Haswells IMC perform under high overclock? Is it better, a lot worse or just slightly worse than Ivy?

Ps, if you want high FSXmark11 numbers, figure out where you should exit the previous run to achieve a high FPS on the next one. The throttle setting you had when you exited the previous flight is the throttle setting the next flight will start at and changed by the autothrottle once the benchmark starts as FSX is not closed down between the benchmarks. This results in the plane covering slightly different ground during the different benchmarks and that causes the fairly large fluctuations between them... Or might that be called cheating? =) Ds

That's a huge difference cased just by the RAM. I guess FSXmark11 is almost 100% CPU limited with a Titan.

I just love how you can throw hardware at FSX and it happily eat it all=)

How high did the IMC in IvyBridge manage to overclock? And how does Haswells IMC perform under high overclock? Is it better, a lot worse or just slightly worse than Ivy?

Ps, if you want high FSXmark11 numbers, figure out where you should exit the previous run to achieve a high FPS on the next one. The throttle setting you had when you exited the previous flight is the throttle setting the next flight will start at and changed by the autothrottle once the benchmark starts as FSX is not closed down between the benchmarks. This results in the plane covering slightly different ground during the different benchmarks and that causes the fairly large fluctuations between them... Or might that be called cheating? =) Ds

Imc handle High clocks better than IB but i not sure that my mems ar good for hi speed low latency. mange to run fsmark11 @2993 with loose timings ,

Shall test a pair MFR mems soon.

Take a lock at it , but its best to publish this before :

Mission completed

60.5-5.2.gif

Mission completed

60.5-5.2.gif

Nice one! First result over 60FPS in FSXmark11. I knew iit would be you Hasse=) Congrats

Hasse, Congratulations superb!

HLJAMES