Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

C-207

I'd like to pitch the thought of Carenado designing a Cessna 207. Us bush pilots need one!! We need a regular factory one, one with some oversized tires and gravel guards, and I guess one on floats would be nice as well! Possibly changable cargo too? :) Any thoughts of this happening? Thanks!!Don

I'd like to pitch the thought of Carenado designing a Cessna 207. Us bush pilots need one!! We need a regular factory one, one with some oversized tires and gravel guards, and I guess one on floats would be nice as well! Possibly changable cargo too? :) Any thoughts of this happening? Thanks!!Don
Second that, definetely! Big%20Grin.gif

Guest BeaverDriver

FOURTH!!!

Better yet, how about one of these, a turbine Cessna 207http://www.soloy.com/Products/Fixed+Wing+Aircraft/Turbine+Cessna+207+Conversion/default.aspx

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

It has always been my view that a basic version should be released before any variant is released. I am sure that there are way more straight 207's than there are turbo'd. It would be nice to have BOTH versions in one download. All it would be is a few more gauges/lights and a different config/af and probably a new exhaust piece as well. That to me should not constitute a lot more money. Just add a few bucks (not double the price!) and give the customers both. :)Don

Guest BeaverDriver

The problem with the Soloy is that you have to completely redesign the aircraft engine dynamics, AND the aircraft would fly quite differently as well (performance is going to be significantly changed). It's not quite 2 airplanes, but it's not far off. There are so few Soloy's out there compared with the base/stock 207's that it would be a machine that someone would buy as a "toy". The real, working bush pilot's machine would still be the stock 207, and I think that's where the market is. I personally (as a virtual bush pilot who bases his flying as much as possible on the real world) wouldn't be at all interested in the turbine version, and if it jacked the cost up by even 2/3rds, I would stick with the 206 and make more trips. As I still work in aviation, now in the avionics end of things, I've only ever seen 1 Soloy conversion, and that was on a 206. FWIW.

Better yet, how about one of these, a turbine Cessna 207http://www.soloy.com/Products/Fixed+Wing+Aircraft/Turbine+Cessna+207+Conversion/default.aspx
IE a C208? :( A piston 207 be interesting, but I'm hoping they do more work on their C210!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My first post on this particular forum. I was looking for any prospect of a 207, and so will bump up this thread with a picture of the beast:Cessna207AN9349MBVS4-25-0903.jpgI'd love to see Carenado do one!

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Absolutely would love to see one. I have about 1500 hours in these up in Alaska and they are sorely missed in the FS world.

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg