Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Comments on the New File Library

Could we please have the full width screen back (like here) instead of this tiny 'wordpress blog like' bit in the middle of blank space?

Although the new library is not what I am used to it seemed to work fine for me while searching for a repaint today....Thanks to all the AVSIM library guys.

If anyone is still having trouble logging in please go to http://www.library.avsim.net/newusers.php

Could we please have the full width screen back (like here) instead of this tiny 'wordpress blog like' bit in the middle of blank space?
Yes that is possible I'm working functionality issues at the moment but it is doable.

Brian Sperduto

Guest Coneman

I noticed you can't log in with your user name, it asks for your email. Tried that and my forum password and it's a no go.Wasn't a huge fan of the old library (Flightsim is much easier) but at least the file names were listed and categories were obvious.

Yes that is possible I'm working functionality issues at the moment but it is doable.
Many thanks Brian. I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.

I'm happy to make changes everyone I just need two things, constructive criticism and civility. If we can keep both there's plenty that can be accomplished.

Brian Sperduto

From my point of view:Front Page - Since I seldom ever go there anyway, I don't really care, but I did take a look and like others have noted it's simply "too busy" for my tastes.File Library - Quite honestly it only took a few moments for me to become familiar with the new look and feel, to explore most of the new options, and get "comfortable" with it.Since my development machine's main monitor is 1680x1050x32 resolution, I normally view all websites at 150% zoom. At these settings I have no trouble viewing the library's listing.I personally would prefer that all 'buttons' be on the same page. It's not at all obvious that one must now click the "View" button in order to access the ZipDive function.I LOVE the new "Support" button, which takes one to a forum page, and of course the corollary function whereby one viewing the forum page can be whisked directly to the File Library's listing! That's a neat feature!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Brian,Maybe I'm just thick or something, but how does redirecting people to the AVSIM Registration - Terms of Service page help the problems here?JSkorna,I don't think people are over complaining here. We all realize a new setup will have teething problems, but I think the frustration of many is showing here. I like Avsim, but I'm afraid users, new and old, may well be put off by some of the changes.Dave

And I just tried again too - same result.While stuck on the registration page, I read some of the rules and noticed that Avsim state that all content of this site is held "in Copyright by AVSIM Online and its owners". It may have been there before and I missed it perhaps.Anyway, I'm certainly NOT happy that they wish to claim copyright on any of my uploads (whether or not I explicitly claim it or not, thats not a requirement of copyright law), so I hereby state categorically that Avsim DO NOT hold copyright of any my work, and will take action if they do.I will not upload any further works to this site until they change their terms and I suggest other uploaders consider the implications here.Come on Avsim, what are trying to do?Dave
If you haven't agreed to the TOS then every page you try to view will do that, view that link not logged in and you'll see what it actually is. As far as the TOS is concerned that was just copied from the old site, I believe that question was posed a few weeks ago and someone answered it.

Brian Sperduto

If you haven't agreed to the TOS then every page you try to view will do that, view that link not logged in and you'll see what it actually is. As far as the TOS is concerned that was just copied from the old site, I believe that question was posed a few weeks ago and someone answered it.
Here's the link to what I was talking about http://forum.avsim.net/topic/328005-avsim-copyright/page__p__1936599__hl__avsim+copyright__fromsearch__1#entry1936599

Brian Sperduto

Brian,Thanks for that. I was afraid to continue from the new reg page in case I ended up registering twice! Surely I must have agreed before, but what I said earlier about copyrights still stands. I'm assuming Avsim's statement of ownership is a typo, copied over or not.However FYI, I still got stuck in the File library unable to return here or the home page or anywhere.Dave

I can't get into the file library using my old password. Have tried resetting it but that doesn't work. I've also had a go at registering again but it says that my email address is in use.I can only guess that the new system doesn't like gmail.Clive Norman

I can't get into the file library using my old password. Have tried resetting it but that doesn't work. I've also had a go at registering again but it says that my email address is in use.I can only guess that the new system doesn't like gmail.Clive Norman
Clive,Go to this page, http://www.library.avsim.net/newusers.php at the end it will tell you where to go to reset your password use that link and you should be all set.

Brian Sperduto