Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fortress

just my two cents...

Guest Fortress

the thing is, that some people believe it!Paul

Hi Paul,Thats true, but thats fine by me. I would only hope people with arguments of that intelligence were always on the opposite side of me! And if silly statements like the above have an influence on some people, well - the same goes... I sure don't want those people on MY side! :-)Take care,Elrondhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/Boycott-RIAA.gif]"A musician without the RIAA, is like a fish without a bicycle."[/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font://http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/B...cle."[/b][/font

Hi b1900,With regard to the gwbush article link. First off, thanks for the link. I now have another comedy link like democratic underground to learn what warped views the liberal left is thinking. I appreciate it. There is some funny stuff there. :-lol :-lolAs to the article,) I will not subscribe to Financial Times to view an archive.) GWbush . com is a known Democratic Liberal Support site. And they don't hide that fact.) The other link to Salon is invalid. It does not work anymore for that article. I believe salon is no more. Wonder why?) The Washington Post article lists supposed confidential UN Documents. If these are from a United States company, surely a Freedom of Information act request, or a review of their 10k would have produced some documents. They are from French companies, and I am not familiar with their filings.That article said:This:"Two former senior executives of the Halliburton subsidiaries say that, as far as they knew, there was no policy against doing business with Iraq. One of the executives also says that although he never spoke directly to Cheney about the Iraqi contracts, he is certain Cheney knew about them."What former executives. These guys would have been all over the news shows by now. But of course, it is probably a massive conspiracy involving thousands of people. There are always people willing to turncoat at every opportunity. Look at Ritter. :-)And this:"We inherited two joint ventures with Ingersoll-Rand that were selling some parts into Iraq," Cheney explained, "but we divested ourselves of those interests."So on that point, I apologize to b1900 but it should be noted that these were INHERITED SUBSIDIARIES, and not the parent company. The two companies were:1)Ingersoll Dresser Pump Co. 49% Minority Stake2)Dresser Rand 51% Majority Stake When researched, the companies were sold off. Should the mother ship have caught it. Yes. Were they Illegal under UN Resolutions. Appearantly not, as it was mentioned in this article that they were not.I am now curious about the other percentage holders. Were they investigated as well?Appearantly, through the article, the companies in question were French affiliates. Were they fully investigated as well?We all know that CEO's in my country do not know every detail going on in their company. Especially with regards to contracts. Should they. I say it is most likely impossible. Would be nice, but something like this could be nickpicked all day long.That should be fair to all concerned.I'll also post this in the other thread as well that Seba brought up.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>What are you, a pollster. You have no clue what my fellow >United States Citizens feel except for what you hear on the >CNN (Globalization News network). You don't live here, so >quite making assumptions you know nothing about, gosta. I >know, how about you telling us what we feel about Europe. >What a joke...I'm sure you are willing to share your great >wisdom with us on that statement. It is pure Hyperbole and >Conjecture supported by nothing... Try living in the >present instead of your little fantasy world. It is called >Reality. People like yourself are part of the problem, not >part of the solution..... You claim to know how Americans feel, and speak for them. This coupled with your tendency to present assumptions as facts, makes me hope that you are just representing a very loud minority, and that people like Elrond are in the majority. There is no point replying to your posts, as you obviously refuse to engage your brain cells before posting.Cheers,Gosta

Hi Bob,>>The world needs to do all it can to help rein in these fanatics. We need to address the causes, but in our hearts believe that no matter what we do or don

You Said:"I thought you were maybe an over enthusiastic patriot. You just confirmed my real thoughts....your a blabbering ejit."Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..............Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................Oh, you are so bright, throwing Irish insults at me since you couldn't come up with an english version, eh.....Like I care... What a riot..... :-lol :-lolThanks for the comedy link george. I bookmarked it, so the next time I'll find it quicker.Anyone wants to look up this word... :-lol :-lolGo Here:http://www.at.artslink.co.za/~gerry/irisha_m.htmLook under "E"And MOST spell it eejit too.http://www.loughman.dna.ie/general/4mymofo.htmlBut, shhhhhhh.... Don't tell George.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.