Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

Departing Canberra.

Very nice. I bought the JS last night, so am getting used to it. I am actually currently downloading the canberra airport as we speak! Cant wait :-)

Guest acezboy561
Very nice. I bought the JS last night, so am getting used to it. I am actually currently downloading the canberra airport as we speak! Cant wait :-)
My suggestion for YSCB?Read this thread-http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=33420.0I got 20-25FPS in the VC of the JS41 after doing that.

Hi AidanThe link above does not workAn Error Has Occurred!The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.However I am logged in to my account over there..Strange. Care to post or copy what tips are there?

Hi AidanThe link above does not workAn Error Has Occurred!The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.However I am logged in to my account over there..Strange. Care to post or copy what tips are there?
That's because the fine folks over at ORBX deleted, why I have no idea, but it ####### me off because I needed to convert some files, now it's gone and I don't know what to do!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Guest acezboy561

EDITED BY ADMINAidan, you obviously contravene with any elementary addons editor's rules.You already posted the information on how to modify YSCB and your post was deleted by ORBX.So why are you posting it again here?David Roch

That's because the fine folks over at ORBX deleted, why I have no idea, but it ####### me off because I needed to convert some files, now it's gone and I don't know what to do!
What you have to do is first, use a more decent language and second, wait for the ORBX upcoming patch.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

What you have to do is first, use a more decent language and second, wait for the ORBX upcoming patch.
No thanks I'll fix it myself.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Guest acezboy561

David-Actually, I stressed enough it wasn't my post - I just remembered it and shared it. There is a long story going around iPhones and Jailbreaking - if you purchase it, why shouldn't you be allowed to modify the device with jailbreaking (something Apple disagree on). IMHO this somewhat applies to this case, I purchased the product, and im sure Brent and Ron did too, so why can't we edit this at our disgresion?Feel free to mail me if you want to carry this on David.

Hi guys,I was actually the guy (GordonGekko on the ORBX board) who did that post over on Fullterrain.com called "Just doubled my FSP at Canberra", that included instructions on what to do and how to do it.Unfortunately, I was unaware that the fine folks over at ORBX didn't like info like that being posted on their site and thus removed it. I received a PM from John V. explaining their stance on why they deleted the topic to which I PM'ed John back explaining myself and offering an apology as I thought that my post would be very helpful and of great value to those who suffer poor FPS and Canberra. I also noted in the post that was deleted, that Hugh was also working on a patch and that my texture conversions were something that could be used in the mean time until the official patch was out.Anyways, I haven't been around ORBX or their site long enought to know that they dont like users fiddling with their textures and posting results about it. Having been a long time customer of FlyTampa, FSDT, Aerosoft, and now Flightbeam, I have posted many topics on those sites about how I improved the texture quality of their product by adding mip maps (mostly Aerosoft) or improving performance by converting 32bit textures to DXT format, etc, and all of these site have never deleted my posts since I guess they figured their users found some value in it if it helped them to enjoy the scenery more. However, I didn't know that ORBX took a different stand on that and in the future if I come up with some interesting findings I will make them aware of it privately since I respect their policy and only have the best intentions and want to be of help.For those that missed my post, I will have to respect thier wishes and not post the instructions here as well, but I was contacted by one of the YSCB beta testers who was interested in my findings and they maybe able to use it in their upcomming patch.To Aiden (acezboy561), I am glad that following my post had helped you out. Like you, I greatly increased my FPS there after doing what I did and now really enjoy YSCB when flying complex a/c into it. Prior to my work I was lucky to get 14 FPS with small g/a planes like the RealAir SF260 and now I get like 30 to 40 FPS in the same a/c. Same could be said for more complex a/c of which I am getting a substancial increase in FPS while still maintaining the same look of the airport.I'm sure that once the patch comes out, YSCB will work much better for everyone, and for those that missed my post yesterday I wouldn't worry about it.Regards

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Theoddkiwi

Hi guys, I will just step in here to simply explain the reasoning why we don't allow public modification to our scenery. The most simplest reason is support.As a developer we have to make many many decisions as we go through he process of creating an airport as we carefully try to balance performance and visual impact. Its a constant compromise. When someone effectively breaks down the scenery to try to improve it, its easy to make judgement on some of the methods a developer uses without fully understanding the reasoning behind that decision. When someone goes about modifying what a developer has spent many hours mulling over they can easy end up causing problems with the scenery that they don't fully see.Examples of changes that i have seen made to some scenery with the aim to "Improve" performance have resulted in models disappearing, damaged transparencies, missing Autogen, introduction of micro-stutters due to missing models and textures, degradation of the texture quality and effects such as reflections and bump maps and the list goes on and on.Now what happens when someone publicly posts their "Improvements" and they have not consulted the developer nor have they been tested by beta testers, all those potential problems listed above suddenly become not the problem if the author of the "Improvements" but the problem of the original developer. Why because that just what people do. How often have you heard of people buying a car then modifying it to get more engine power and performance only to have the engine blow up a few months later and then take their car back to the manufacturer and demand it be repaired under warranty?Software is the same. So the Orbx policy is that modifying our products and publicly posting the changes is not appreciated nor condoned, nor will it be supported in our support forums. Modifying is done at your own risk.What we will do is listen to our customers who have suggestions on how we might be able to improve our scenery. This best done in our support forums or direct private message or email to the developers. We are all ears and open to suggestions. YMML v2 is a prime example of listening to our customers and improving or products. But i have to add many of us are very busy and changes cannot be done every five minutes as often we are working on new projects, so patience and understanding is appreciated. I also think its better for the customer to have a few larger patches than 50 little ones. We are not perfect and we know everything can be improved but thats just life isn't it.There is an official Patch for Canberra coming our soon and hopefully it will provide the performance improvements you all craveHope that answers a few questions and explains our positionKind RegardsMartin HenareOrbx Systems

Bit of a downer for me reading this thread....being a new orbx customer in all. I dont see the harm in having tips and tweaks others have used to improve the performance of products that are rightfully theres to edit etc...... Yes it is done at the owners risk, which to me should make it okay. Perhaps orbx should open a edit/tweak forum section which clearly indicates that any tweak or tip used will not be supported by orbx if something goes wrong......but I cant see that happening.

Cameron, they released a patch today that included some down sized textures and other improvements that seemed to have cleared up all the performance issues. Plus they added static a/c and people flow to the airport. All in all the airport works very well know so I wouldn't worry about it.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator