Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Airbus Evolution from Wilco

Hi,I already have the Deluxe version (serie 1 and 2). Could somebody tell me how is the Evolution version? Thanks and best regards

Real Deraps

Thanks for this link. According to what i've just read, i won't buy it....

Real Deraps

Thanks for this link. According to what i've just read, i won't buy it....
Yes save your money for something better. I've just found this on the Eric Marciano page:
February 2011: Release of the Wilco Airbus EvolutionWith the release of the Wilco Airbus Evolution, many people asked me questions about this new version, here are the answers:* I am the developer of the Evolution version.* There is NO compatibility issue with the upgrade previously sold by myself, with or without hardware device. Everything that was working with the standard version of the AIrbus Series will keep working with the Evolution version, inlcuding the CPFlight and CockpitSonic hardware.* There is no installation problem when installing the Airbus Evolution, it installs on top of any Wilco Airbus version.* The main differences between my upgrade and the Evolution are the weather radar (provided by Reality XP) and the Head-Up Display for low-visibility approach.* The Evolution version doesn't bring any modification to the 3D model nor the flight dynamics.

Yes save your money for something better. I've just found this on the Eric Marciano page:
Well that's a bummer. I seriously hoped that managed climb and descent would have been fixed for the evolution version. I'll continue using the Aerosoft Airbus, and see what the FSLabs Airbus is all about when it comes out.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well that's a bummer. I seriously hoped that managed climb and descent would have been fixed for the evolution version. I'll continue using the Aerosoft Airbus, and see what the FSLabs Airbus is all about when it comes out.
What's wrong with the managed climbs and descents with the Wilco A320? I have no problem with that, at least nothing I noticed.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

What's wrong with the managed climbs and descents with the Wilco A320? I have no problem with that, at least nothing I noticed.
They generally are far too steep and go completely wild. It's a problem of the FDE. Something is wrong there - that's Eric Marciano's explanation. According to him, there is a problem in there that had been corrected for the Wilco Airbus Volume 2, but never got corrected for Volume 1. Managed climb and descent have never quite worked for me. They either were too steep or too shallow, and generally did not do what the MCDU said it should do. I always opted for the manual climb and descent.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

They generally are far too steep and go completely wild. It's a problem of the FDE. Something is wrong there - that's Eric Marciano's explanation. According to him, there is a problem in there that had been corrected for the Wilco Airbus Volume 2, but never got corrected for Volume 1. Managed climb and descent have never quite worked for me. They either were too steep or too shallow, and generally did not do what the MCDU said it should do. I always opted for the manual climb and descent.
No problem here, guess I'm just lucky. Here's a video of a Wilco A318 climb out, maybe you can see something I don't?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMUDB3YiHFg

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

As I puchased Vol1 and Vol2 bin Dec 2010 from Wilco and do not own Eric's enhancements I will seriously consider the Evolution extension. Regards,Bob

What I am curious is what really do you get for 20 some odd bucks. From what I read...nothing really. Should be 5 to 10 bucks at most. Freaking scam as usual from these guys.

I have Wilco Airbus V1 and V2. Before installing Eric Marciano's upgrade, my managed climbs and descents were perfect. Now with Eric's upgrade, climbs/descents have gone wild which is quite disappointing. All of the other improvements that came with Eric's upgrade are very nice. Especially recalculation of pseudo-waypoints when changing STARs once enroute (although sometimes I get crazy errors).Wilco's Evolution looks like a pending disappointment for the price tag. 16.5 Euros for each of V1 and V2 to upgrade. They could have expended the FMC functionality to include secondary flight plans and show missed approach paths on the ND (like in real Airbus).Happy to hear they included blue "hockey-stick" pseudo-waypoints and realtime recalculation of TOC and TOD. The weather radar looks cool too. Keen to see how this performs. But for 16.5Eur ??? Not sure if it is value for money. Would have loved if they upgraded their VC to match Aerosoft's AirbusX VC.

No problem here, guess I'm just lucky. Here's a video of a Wilco A318 climb out, maybe you can see something I don't?
For as far I remember, the problems were for the most part in the descent (I saw descent rates of over 7000 ft/min). Climb had its problems mainly in the calculations made by the CDU, where the T/C would be far too soon and the aircraft would only reach it 10-30 nm after the calculated T/O.

Benjamin van Soldt