Sign in to follow this  
demyhr

Nav/com gauge setup

Not sure what happened to my original post, it appears to have been lost in the shuffle.Here's my question. I'm trying to setup the C172 Com/Nav 2 to have glide slope capability coupled to an OBS indicator identical to the Com/Nav 1 OBS. I have set the radios in aircraft.cfg to enable GS and now the challenge is to find a compatible gauge for VOR2. I have found an appropriate gauge in XML format and would like to modify it to work with Nav 2 if possible. My 172 had this dual nav/gs capability and I'm trying to reproduce the panel.Also does anyone know if there is a two channel area nav instrument available.Any help in accomplishing this would be appreciated.Dave

Duplicate the XML code as a gauge file with a new name. Then go through the code substituting any id references to VOR 1 or NAV 1 with VOR 2 or NAV 2 to interface it with the NAV 2 radio and audio panel. You still have to modify the radio settings in your aircraft.cfg (make a backup copy) as:[Radios]// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1 = 1Com.1 = 1, 1Com.2 = 1, 1Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0 //change 0 to 1 to activate GS in gaugeAdf.1 = 1Transponder.1 = 1Marker.1 = 1I have FS Panel Studio which besides placing, sizing, and shaping gauges in a visual GUI for your panel has links to your bitmap editor and also can open a code window for modifying XML.