Sign in to follow this  
patcal

very odd trees

I have attached a JPG I took while sitting PANC. The things in the background are trees. I have had this happen at various places, times & aircraft since I have been messing with FSX. Sometimes they appear & snap away & sometimes like when I was landing at Troutdale this afternoon they never went away. Any ideas? My system is a AMD Phenom II X2 545 with 4gigs DDR3 ram ATI 4670 1meg PCIe video with WinXP Home. Crazy.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

anybody??

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Check your grafic driver. Up to date?
Latest ATI version 11.2.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Are you using the bufferpools=0 tweak or any other type of tweak? Seem to remember these can cause graphics spikes.

Autogen settings are where? Have you tried lowering this to see if the problem goes away? Have you set your XP computer to work with the /3gb VAS fix? Push the system too far and you'll starve the VAS, causing tree-mania like in your picture.

The only tweak I have is to shut off the head movement & disable the AUTOGEN.XML file. I do have FSX SP2. I had autogen I believe at dense. I had forgotten about the memory switch. I did it for FS9.EXE when I first got the system in Feb but I will do it now. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I will go try them.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Looks like your video card is getting taxed. Lower the graphic settings further and test it again. Hopefully it's not the video card about to go kaput...

Alexander Alonso

So far I edited the FS9.EXE with the 3G switch & lowered my autogen a bit. So far no more spikes but I will do a fairly taxing flight this afternoon.Thanks.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Seems to be solved. Flew a few times with no spikes in the trees. Now if I could just get used to flying without a 2D panel. Thanks ro all.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit