Sign in to follow this  
Gwhaarmann

747 PMDG Radio Tuning

During approach I can't seem to tune my radios to the Rwy( ILS ) freq. It will not get within the range I am looking for. George HaarmannKPHX

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

First, what airport are you going into?Next, why aren't you using the FMC to auto-tune the frequency? The FMC is designed to handle this to explicitly reduce pilot workload.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

First, what airport are you going into?Next, why aren't you using the FMC to auto-tune the frequency? The FMC is designed to handle this to explicitly reduce pilot workload.
Thanks Eric,I am flying KLAS-KPHX expecting 26 I am recently changing from 737 to 747 so I'm new to the changeover. I didn't know this automatic tuning is available. Could you kindly walk me thru it if its not too much to ask. Or, reference where I can find the procedures. Thank muchGeorge HaarmannKPHX

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

Thanks Eric,I am flying KLAS-KPHX expecting 26 I am recently changing from 737 to 747 so I'm new to the changeover. I didn't know this automatic tuning is available. Could you kindly walk me thru it if its not too much to ask. Or, reference where I can find the procedures. Thank muchGeorge HaarmannKPHX
There are two ways to do it: Go into the DEP/ARR page, select ARR for the correct airport, and finally choose an ILS approach from the list. This will automatically tune the ILS reciever. To do it manually push the NAVRAD button on the CDU and enter the freq and course where it says ILS - PARK like this: _ _ _._ _/_ _ _. Should look something like this: 110.10/140. Nothing more to it.

There are two ways to do it: Go into the DEP/ARR page, select ARR for the correct airport, and finally choose an ILS approach from the list. This will automatically tune the ILS reciever. To do it manually push the NAVRAD button on the CDU and enter the freq and course where it says ILS - PARK like this: _ _ _._ _/_ _ _. Should look something like this: 110.10/140. Nothing more to it.
Thanks Eric,As the old addage states "RTFM"George HaarmannKPHX

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

It's a little more complex than just a walk through will get you...:wacko:There should be a voluminous manual downloaded with the 744, look for PMDG under your programs, with interactive tutorials as well. I think it's chapter 12 that discusses the FMC, also if you try a Google search there's a few tutorials out there on the web on FMC use. It MAY be a little overwhelming in getting used to program the FMC at first, but for proper flight control it's a must. It takes a LOT of the workload, and guesswork off the Captain.You should also have the latest Nav data downloaded too! Hope this helps!

Thanks Eric,As the old addage states "RTFM"George HaarmannKPHX
Wasn't me, thank Emil. The FMC guide provided by PMDG has a boatload of information about the automatic processing in the 747. It's a lot different than the 73.

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Wasn't me, thank Emil. The FMC guide provided by PMDG has a boatload of information about the automatic processing in the 747. It's a lot different than the 73.
THANK ALL OF YOU.GeorgeBTW How can I make one of thoses signature blocks you are using??

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

THANK ALL OF YOU.GeorgeBTW How can I make one of thoses signature blocks you are using??
In the upper-right corner of your screen, it will have your username. Click this and select "My Profile." Then just below that it will say "Edit my Profile." Go to that. The 4th option down on the profile tab reads "Change Signature." Open that up and you can add your name into the text box, along with anything else about yourself (or a clever joke or phrase).

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

In the upper-right corner of your screen, it will have your username. Click this and select "My Profile." Then just below that it will say "Edit my Profile." Go to that. The 4th option down on the profile tab reads "Change Signature." Open that up and you can add your name into the text box, along with anything else about yourself (or a clever joke or phrase).
Thanks Eric,I changed my profile/signature NOW after I reply on a topic or new one how do I get it to enter?Nver mind. it did it.

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan