Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

RXP 530

I bought the RXP 530 when I got my Duke, now I'm thinking maby the 430 would have been a better choice unless someone here can confirm that it is possible to fit it in the 208. The problem is I really don't want to fly without a RXP gns and I really can't afford to buy this plane plus go out and buy another gns. So what about it possible or not.

I bought the RXP 530 when I got my Duke, now I'm thinking maby the 430 would have been a better choice unless someone here can confirm that it is possible to fit it in the 208. The problem is I really don't want to fly without a RXP gns and I really can't afford to buy this plane plus go out and buy another gns. So what about it possible or not.
The 530 is a full height gauge and does not fit in a half-height slot like the 430.One way around it, is to use the 530 in popup mode.. in other words, leave the Carenado430 graphics in the panel, but when you click on it - the 530 window pops up.The 530 is a nicer gauge to own, IMHO, because of the bigger screen.Over time, you may want to add the 430 - when funds are available.. :(

Bert

If you let go the weather radar you can use the space there to fit the 530 in. Haven't tried, but as I've exchanged the WR lately with another one after following the tips from Bert and the guys from this thread, it should work in my eyes.You would have to use the 3D knob function to toggle off the knobs then, otherwise your installation may look out of shape.Still, the 430 stays a tip then as this would be a nice twin installation with one big screen and a backup/additional one.

It's a shame that this aircraft was not developed with the G1000 package, as all new Caravans built by Cessna have the G1000 and TKS system. Also, any Caravan that I fly in real life has the G600, 530 and 430. Of course the ones I fly are quite older but we have revamped all of the cockpits with the systems I have mentioned. We also removed the deice boots and replaced them with the TKS system.