Sign in to follow this  
BigBadStato

Lights & Dial a Flap

G'day everyone,Can someone please help me, I recently installed REX 2.0 for FSX and since then my MD-11 (and other AC) taxi and landing lights are not working properly, they don't light up the ground ahead of me anymore....a light area of light appears on the ground a fair distance away off to my 2 o'clock...ive checked "ac light illuminates ground" in fsx settings.Secondly, does anyone know how to use the dial a flap system....i usually leave it at its default setting of 15deg...my question is how do i know if i should set it to 17deg for example.....based on weight and such is there some way of knowing?Have posted my lighting issue on the REX forum but didn't get much of a reply, want to try and fix it before CTP. Thanks in advanceJohn Davis

G'day everyone,Can someone please help me, I recently installed REX 2.0 for FSX and since then my MD-11 (and other AC) taxi and landing lights are not working properly, they don't light up the ground ahead of me anymore....a light area of light appears on the ground a fair distance away off to my 2 o'clock...ive checked "ac light illuminates ground" in fsx settings.Secondly, does anyone know how to use the dial a flap system....i usually leave it at its default setting of 15deg...my question is how do i know if i should set it to 17deg for example.....based on weight and such is there some way of knowing?Have posted my lighting issue on the REX forum but didn't get much of a reply, want to try and fix it before CTP. Thanks in advanceJohn Davis
I'm not sure about the light problem, but try to load up a different light setting in REX maybe. As for the D.A.F question, I usually go with 25 when I'm taking off from a short rwy, and 22 for normal operations. If you're fully loaded and on a long rwy using 10 flaps might be a good idea as it gives you a nice climb profile. The takekoff roll will be longer but it's more economical. It's all about rwy length and weight.

The lights issue is well known - REX and those addons are modifying the way the default landing light works and that's what causes the issue. We used the stock lights. You'll need to restore your backup in REX to place the default light back in and then go into the options and tell it to stop replacing landing light textures.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thankyou Ryan, sorry to be a pain, but when you get a moment if you can, could you tell me how I go about doing this, not much a of comp whiz.Thanks mateJohn Davis

Actually, sorry Ryan, scratch that i figured it out....easy really....thankyou mate thats great!

The lights issue is well known - REX and those addons are modifying the way the default landing light works and that's what causes the issue. We used the stock lights. You'll need to restore your backup in REX to place the default light back in and then go into the options and tell it to stop replacing landing light textures.

Guest dlrk

TOPCAT is great for figuring out the flaps and flex temp.

You calcolate the dial-a-flap settings based on tables in performance chapter of manual, missed in the PMDG plane.It's based on weights, CG, rwy conditions and lenght...I suggest you to buy TOPCAT, a powerful tool that gives you all the calculations needed for takeoff and landing...Cheers,

Hi John,Can't help with your light problem, but the dial-a-flap i find i use 23deg for takeoff's and i heard on a MD11 video that they use 15deg as a standard setting when landing works well, it's a clever system.Dave Phillips.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi iam using rex as well and had the same prob with the lights shinning about 40 m in front of aircraft, what i did to fix it was go into rex option and themnes aircraft lights, i changed mine to the duke and everything is back to normal again so just choose another light settings to see what works for u. Luckly for me i had choosen the right one first up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

replace spotlight.bmp in fsx/texture folder with the original which REX2 backed up inReal Environment Extreme 2/Themes/Backup/Initial_Backup/Texture/

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”