Sign in to follow this  
danielwest

FSX going black after tweaking fsx.cfg

Hello fellow pilots, I recently obtained a copy of aerosofts airbus x and after installing it, I came to the realisation that I was a victim of the infamous 'skeleton-plane' problem. After doing some additional internet search, I encountered the texture fix utility of ******* Bojote, which I downloaded and tried. It ads a HIGHMEMFIX to the cfg file which would circumvent some problems. After tweaking the file, I reloaded FSX and unfortunately, when I hit the free flight screen, the animation of the chosen plane rotating is completely black. When I start the sim itself, the screen is completely black itself. You can understand that this problem freaks me out. I am pretty sure that the black screens are a result of the tweaks in the fsx.cfg file. I am operating under Win7 64xI have an NVidia GTS 240 GFX cardObvously I am running FSX.Is there someone here that has experienced the same issue or is there someone who can help me out? Please help me.Right now I am so desperate that I am considering a complete removal of FSX to reinstall it. (I don't want to as I have TONS of addons and WOAi traffic, IVAO add ons and stuff like that Worried.gif)Cheers, Dan

In case somebody wondered, this is how my fsx.cfg file looks like:

[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabels=0ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=262144ShowATCText=0UsePilotVoice=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=66KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64JOYSTICKS=1[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240.0]Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1Mode=1920x1080x32[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240.0.0]AntiAlias=1Mode=1920x1080x32[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[FACILITIES]CITY=COUNTRY=GTL_BUTTON=1345STATE=[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2show_ac_twr=1SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0show_airways=1SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_JET=1show_markers=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=1show_volume_boundaries=0SHOW_VORS=1show_waypoints=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=0SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=0[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=1[Main]HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=0Location=440,151,1480,929,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=1PerfBucket=7ProcSpeed=6351SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTLUser Objects=Airplane, Helicopter[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1show_flight_history=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=1[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[REALISM]AutoCoord=FalseAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=FalseCrashTolerance=1.000000CrashWithDyn=FalseGEffect=TrueGeneral=1.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=1.000000ManualLights=FalsePFactor=1.000000RealMixture=FalseStressDamage=FalseTorque=1.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=False[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[sOUND]AmbientUI=1AmbientUIMusic=FSX01AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={7D1E3BB2-76F0-4DC8-ABC4-D4239948E6FC}SOUND=1SOUND_FADER1=0.790000SOUND_FADER2=0.540000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.770000SOUND_LOD=0SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1VoiceDevice={7D1E3BB2-76F0-4DC8-ABC4-D4239948E6FC}[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=[stationMap]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=0[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=84MESH_RESOLUTION=21TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=26WATER_EFFECTS=5[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0FreewayDensity=59GADensity=0IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0[Trusted]C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.alacwrnhawoaebqnarnnnuqeketlhkqrqoowcrww=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.wawhbrqhhttucznlhbbbqbknqcuhazzrlbzlnkht=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\A320NightPanel_feelThere.DLL.qiiqinobiunzaobctcwzehtzioqncbeehtehukhw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.ktzarbnknaikikhnblqaucurrrcuucreinhwhakc=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.rbrihoozunnbuewenhhcqbwrtnektnlcuzunlhwz=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.twrncrtrzuktuwruoonkzekrhuiqlnczlhlinnkl=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.ucwrhwqbterkonhknluneobwltthnockbcceebak=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.qccanrnoacloqwcwkoettzeuzeihzczekwklribl=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.ekbzhtlbuelbohbaqnqurtkztlhtklichnantnhi=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.lqcwohuebttkatoteiiobkktiakwruwkzotlbwqn=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.onitceobahucukreouhwzqtoucakawarhclekuhr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.halbrzcleacrloowhqchqttontlqqtzonqbooawa=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.oqolrczuzqeeeqbhqkkteurcrczbewbarqtbzeqz=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC A319\panel\A319CFM_feelThere.DLL.iaehhkrqhrwqczwlbteqtlklkeuztiicicouueiw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC A320\panel\A320CFM_feelThere.DLL.klhncnabahacecwuqqarikbrecohrabkrhrcnbka=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.uklczwbetklbobeltekqoctatrcitawebqlarack=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.uocanaknltautillnznnbzetblztwakabneqqwuk=1C:\Program Files (x86)\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.inhwwkqoniakluraakckzlribauaubiowqzicntr=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC A321\panel\A321CFM_feelThere.DLL.rcazubzekarhkncournzirkrhqbrrkeiqhuaizke=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC A320IAE\panel\A320IAE_feelThere.DLL.znezrwcoeecrhrqobhkkkoqekriiorniubobiurl=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll.oboznontuaqnocqilkwzhubkrzoqaabwklhbahrk=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E175\panel\EJet.GAU.bczuqnthrobicwrwqklrrletwclaeeroehnhohlw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\FSWXR2100.GAU.erohuoitcckarbhhbontnrcqruthwnbtriblhqqb=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\EFinfo_emb.GAU.qtqcaoqtuiabzikbleqqhktnhnunnlwouuqkwwhe=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E195\panel\EJet.GAU.bczuqnthrobicwrwqklrrletwclaeeroehnhohlw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll.bhazwezwlthzehlqineitaullztzlatwouqucinc=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E190\panel\EJet.GAU.ulrwktwatutrteiqeluqnotqkbwaeuokierikobw=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\GPSModule.dll.eaththcteholkutcoikwriuruathclnrehcrkqhq=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL.aqewirroiabzulaqtkqlwahqqrliclqrkthkqzkn=2C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.tlotebtiacbcbobiuqoecnzcotnuqirlccwiqbnz=2[uSERINTERFACE]DisplayFuelAsWeight=1Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PageID=1PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=6DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=1DynamicWeather=0MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[WeatherMap]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0VoiceVolume=1.540000

Why dont you just replace the modified cfg with the original cfg that you started with, assuming you still have a copy of it, then just add the highmemfix line to it afterwards.Or, if you didn't save a copy of your original cfg, just delete the one that is causing you problems and let FSX build a new one. However, you might want to make a back up of the current one, so that when FSX builds a new cfg, you can then just copy and paste the tweaks or adjustments that did work from the old one to the new one.BTW, you using the DX10 preview?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why dont you just replace the modified cfg with the original cfg that you started with, assuming you still have a copy of it, then just add the highmemfix line to it afterwards.Or, if you didn't save a copy of your original cfg, just delete the one that is causing you problems and let FSX build a new one. However, you might want to make a back up of the current one, so that when FSX builds a new cfg, you can then just copy and paste the tweaks or adjustments that did work from the old one to the new one.BTW, you using the DX10 preview?
No, I don't use DS10 preview and I tried all of the things you suggested and they didn't quite work. I read elsewhere that removing FSX SP2 works to solve these issues, so I did and guess what, FSX is working again :) I'll try reinstalling SP2 to see whether that makes a difference, hehe.Cheers,