Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

New 737 Throttles

It definitely is! Though I see no point of buying it if you aren't intent on building an -NG cockpit.

$2000 ??! For throttles ?If I had $2000 right now I'd buy a new motorcycle with it or something.

$2000 for a dirtbike not a motorcycle lol, I payed $13,000 for my hayabusa

$2000 and no motorized servos? That seems a bit steep to me...
+ 1There are full 737 throttles with servos for trim, a/t, and spoiler extention for close to that.

You might try this?http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1269.0

Guest 747dash8

I think its bad enough lugging my Saitek Pro Flight System around so unless you are building a home cockpit.Andrew Cary

I believe that was sold awhile ago.I wouldn't buy the FSC one. I have a Revolution Simproducts motorized TQ and got it for around that price, but costs have gone up since last year. SHipping will kill you as well, paid about $420 to have it shipped to the US.Unless you are building a cockpit I wouldn't bother. An MCP / EFIS or even a CDU would be much better for desktop simming. The motorized throttles really need to be screwed to a base as the trim wheels spinning and you pushing on it (servos create tension) will move it around if you just plop it on a floor.Oh, and if you buy one, you just may get the bug and start building the whole cockpit...... THen you're closer to $20k :)MIP1.jpgIMAG0669.jpg

I believe that was sold awhile ago.I wouldn't buy the FSC one. I have a Revolution Simproducts motorized TQ and got it for around that price, but costs have gone up since last year. SHipping will kill you as well, paid about $420 to have it shipped to the US.Unless you are building a cockpit I wouldn't bother. An MCP / EFIS or even a CDU would be much better for desktop simming. The motorized throttles really need to be screwed to a base as the trim wheels spinning and you pushing on it (servos create tension) will move it around if you just plop it on a floor.Oh, and if you buy one, you just may get the bug and start building the whole cockpit...... THen you're closer to $20k :)
Does it use servos or stepper motors? Servos don't handle external forces very well.

Does it use servos or stepper motors? Servos don't handle external forces very well.
Sorry, DC Motors. Trim wheels are belts driven, throttles can be overrided even in Autothrottle mode.

Sorry, DC Motors. Trim wheels are belts driven, throttles can be overrided even in Autothrottle mode.
Ah, ok. I've seen some pricy equipment using servos for similar applications, so I had to ask.