Sign in to follow this  
Danielsen

744 Flaps animation missing

Hi.I recently made a fresh install of FSX and just installed PMDG 747-400 again. I have never had this problem before and the airplane works as it should, however there's some missing animations as you can see which includes flaps (surfaces), slats, spoilers, outer ailerons, and nosegear turning when taxiing. What still works: Inner ailerons, gear retraction/extension, reversers, rudder, elevator etc.I own the CD version, and I tried to reinstall the Queen again, but same problem on pax and freighter.flaps.jpg

Hey,Weird looking problem! I don't mean to sound patronisingly basic...but 'Advanced Animations' wasn't inadvertantly switched off was it? Didn't think so...hahaI remember reading somewhere about why PMDG did something with the repaint texture...I really can't remember what but has that been changed at all? Someone asked something about the NGX textures and PMDG replied that if they had done that, then they saw model/animation issues...pointless peice of info as I can't remember what it was...but it might spark someones memory..Sorry I can't help further...but I hope you get it sorted soon!Regards,Sam.

Hey,Weird looking problem! I don't mean to sound patronisingly basic...but 'Advanced Animations' wasn't inadvertantly switched off was it? Didn't think so...hahaRegards,Sam.
Rolling%20Eyes.gif Yes it was!! LOLCould have saved myself the time to line it up on the runway and pose for the virtual cameraman haha..But thanks both!

Guest 747dash8
Looks like Advanced Animations turned off to me.
You probably won't see the NGX with advanced animations turned off there are so many!Andrew Cary

You have to check the Advanced Animations are on, its in the graphics menu

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am having the same problem. Flaps will not go down, spoilers don't work, etc. The only thing I can find is the "Settings" menu. Nothing on graphics or advanced animations. I don' know what started this problem. How can I fix this?

You have to check the Advanced Animations are on, its in the graphics menu

Cray Foley

I am having the same problem. Flaps will not go down, spoilers don't work, etc. The only thing I can find is the "Settings" menu. Nothing on graphics or advanced animations. I don' know what started this problem. How can I fix this?
Click settings, then click Customize - it's on the first tab, Graphics:advanced_animations.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks like Advanced Animations turned off to me.
Can anyone actually explain how an "advanced" animation differs from a "normal" animation, from a modelling point of view?sig.gif

Can anyone actually explain how an "advanced" animation differs from a "normal" animation, from a modelling point of view?sig.gif
Etienne-You'd have to ask the folks who wrote FSX... We scratch our heads about some stuff in the sim too.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Etienne-You'd have to ask the folks who wrote FSX... We scratch our heads about some stuff in the sim too.
:( I have a picture in my head where the whole PMDG crew sits around a table starring at a computer screen... for some minutes nothing happens and then anybody says: "why is it doing this?" -"no idea":(

regards,

Alexander Marx

:( I have a picture in my head where the whole PMDG crew sits around a table starring at a computer screen... for some minutes nothing happens and then anybody says: "why is it doing this?" -"no idea":(
This is a common part of any technical system design process. Coupled with, "it didn't do that in the last build" and "why did changing the font stop the system from working" etc etc etcCraig Baillie

This is a common part of any technical system design process. Coupled with, "it didn't do that in the last build" and "why did changing the font stop the system from working" etc etc etcCraig Baillie
Craig-Normally followed by someone shouting: "What the <beep> were they THINKING?"At which point me or Vin says quietly: "They weren't..." :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'd have to ask Vin or Jason to be absolutely sure but I believe it has to do with "bones", which is a concept used in designing skinned animations on the models. Without the option on, the bones aren't drawn and that's why you see the effect in the OPs screenshot.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You probably won't see the NGX with advanced animations turned off there are so many!Andrew Cary
Clever! :(