Sign in to follow this  
NismoRR

Brand new Kodiak on the ramp!

I know there are many fans of the Quest Kodiak, and just wanted to show you guys what I saw on the ramp (KMHT - Hemet, CA) as I was getting ready for a flight lesson yesterday. This Kodiak is literally brand new. Not a mark on her. Not a single insect mark or any sign of use. A gorgeous plane up close. This one is set up as a seven seat executive, as I was told. Serial #25. When I was preflighting my C162, there was also a Cessna Mustang spooling up, taxi and took off. I have to tell you all, that Mustang was just fantastic. The sound was just incredible. Just hearing those engines, and seeing that Mustang in action so close was a bit of an emotional experience. :( Crazy.Great morning,and a great lesson too. Solo is coming up in the next week or so.

Great story and shot,Good luck w/t your lessons,Thx for posting!

There is a great article in this months AOPA magazine about the Kodiak. It was developed specifically for relief and missionary organizations. They have build 47 so far, 9 of which are in service with those organizations. For every 9 build and sold commercially, 1 is built with the profits from the commercial sales and provided to those organizations. Interesting stuff.

Jay

That is gorgeous. I bought one when it was on sell for 50% off at PC Aviator (one of their 7 Day Deals). It was something like $12! How could I resist. Using it as one of my primary bush planes. Highly recommended.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

That is gorgeous. I bought one when it was on sell for 50% off at PC Aviator (one of their 7 Day Deals). It was something like $12! How could I resist. Using it as one of my primary bush planes. Highly recommended.
Clutch Cargo, I also bought the Quest Kodiak but am having a hell of a time with my CH Products yoke/throttle/conditioner responses. Find it very hard to get a proper taxi speed etc. Have been playing around with the air.cfg settings as suggested by Willaim Ortis from Lionheart but still not satisfied with my set up.I'm sure a real world Kodiak pilot would say that the configuration for this plane is way off base.So are you satisfied with your set up?

Don't feel bad i have Presicion flight controls and i also have a heck of a time with all turbos the P12 also --yes very frustrating and when i posted my problem with setting throttles some say it is a microsoft issue but true or not i don't know

The current issue of AOPA Pilot magazine has a great review of the Kodiak.

Bert

It was developed specifically for relief and missionary organizations. They have build 47 so far, 9 of which are in service with those organizations. For every 9 build and sold commercially, 1 is built with the profits from the commercial sales and provided to those organizations. Interesting stuff.Not to be a wet blanket but I live 35 miles from the Quest facility and I know some folks who've worked for them (yes, past tense), and I know there are around 200 unexpectedly unemployed folks in these parts because of Quest's "larger than life" ideas that aren't panning out as planned. Quest doesn't have the glowing hollywood image around here in the local economy that they do in the FS loop or the RW aviation loop. I've heard some stories about them pulling some pretty nasty shenanigans with a few of their employees but they're still riding around on that humanitarian magic carpet they've managed to create for themselves somehow. Seems maybe they shouldn't have been so quick to give away airplanes and taken a little better care of their crew, but I'm sure that was all dictated by their accountant. As always there are 2 sides to every story.Jim