Sign in to follow this  
Propwash

FS9GPS Documentation

Jan, If you're running Windows 7 ( maybe even Vista, not sure ) the built in calculator can do it for you. Start the calculator, in the view menu select programmer. Once there in the left hand upper pane tick "Bin" , enter your binary value then select "Hex" -- done... You may have to select another conversion size depending on how long the binary entry -- Lower Left pane. If you do not have that calculator maybe see here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=32b0d059-b53a-4dc9-8265-da47f157c091&displaylang=en Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

HiFound it and it works!From now i know where i am (Icaocode), which center and what frequency.0xFFFFFE in the query gives all airspaces, frequencies, names and regions.There also is somewhere an xml gauge that converts icao region code in regioname.Jan

Now a question related to the Center frequencies and names:I know you have to include "Center" in the NearestAirspaceQuery, but i don't know how to convert the binary, 0011 etc., to hexadecimal like 0xCE4010.Is there some converter or table?
Thanks, Jan,The 24 bit hex can be trickier because it is bigger than some calculators can handle - although the Windows calcs that Roman points out have no difficulty. Another option for the conversion is posted on the BlackBox site:Nearest Airspace QueryIt is set up to just select the airspaces desired using check boxes and the hex and bin numbers appear at the bottom of the screen.As well, I have a simple custom excel function that I use to convert any number of any size from any number base to any other number base, if anybody is interested. Lot's of any's there!And, thanks again for all of your very helpful posts regarding fs9gps. I wouldn't have known where to start without help like that.Bob

Bob,I will try to use a L:Var to select the different airspaces.Jan

Bob,I will try to use a L:Var to select the different airspaces.Jan
Hmmm. Good idea. Offers flexibility. It will be interesting if it doesn't work, considering NearestAirspaceQuery can accept the decimal equivalent of the hex number.Bob

Hi,This seems to work:<Update>(L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 0 == if{ 0x0 } els{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 1 ==if{ 0x0FC000 } els{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 2 == if{ 0xEFC038 } els{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 3 ==if{ 0xFFFFFE } } } } (>@c:NearestAirspaceQuery) (any combination possible)</Update><Click>(L:fix,enum) 1 ==if{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 0 > if{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 1 - 0 max (>L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) quit } } (L:fix,enum) 1 ==if{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 4 < if{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 1 + 3 min (>L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) quit} } </Click>Jan

els{ (L:nearest airspacetype selection,number) 2 == if{ 0xEFC038 }
ahh, okay, you're passing the hex number to NearestAirspaceQuery. I had presumed you were going to set it up using an L:Var containing the decimal equivalent of the hex number such as:(L:nearest airspacetype selection, enum) (>c:fs9gps:NearestAirspaceQuery), where some other code generated the NearestAirspaceQuery, in decimal form. Anyway, I can see that what you've got represents a way to choose between standard airspace filters while the sim is running. It could also let one open up the Center Airspace search when you want it, and close it out when you don't. A useful approach.Bob

Hi all, I created a "front end" for testing with the GPS. I didnot check it with the GPS nor whether the GPS does take in Decimal in place of Hex for the input. Was just testing for something very similar and it ported over nicely for this part of the discussion.Roman

<Gauge Name="AIRSPACE INJECTOR" Version="1.0"><!-- THE OUTPUT TO GPS FOR AIRSPACE QUERY IS (L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) --><Macro Name="ADD">(L:SW_1, bool) if{ 0 (>L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) 0 (>L:SW_1, number) } 1 (>L:SW_@1, number) (L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) @2 + (>L:SEND AIRSPACE, number)</Macro><Macro Name="SUBT">0 (>L:SW_@1, number) (L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) @2 - (>L:SEND AIRSPACE, number)</Macro><Update>	(L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) 1 (>L:SW_1, bool) }</Update><Element Name="DISPLAY">	<FormattedText Bright="Yes" X="130" Y="485" FontSize="16" Length="80" BackgroundColor="Gray" Font="Arial Bold" Color="Orange">		<Color Value="Green"/>		<Color Value="Red"/>		<String>			%((L:SW_1, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%NONE%\n%			%((L:SW_2, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CENTER%\n%			%((L:SW_3, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLASS A%\n%			%((L:SW_4, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLASS B%\n%			%((L:SW_5, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLASS C%\n%			%((L:SW_6, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLASS D%\n%			%((L:SW_7, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLASS E%\n%			%((L:SW_8, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLASS F%\n%			%((L:SW_9, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLASS G%\n%			%((L:SW_10, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%TOWER%\n%			%((L:SW_11, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%CLEARANCE%\n%			%((L:SW_12, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%GROUND%\n%			%((L:SW_13, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%DEPARTURE%\n%			%((L:SW_14, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%APPROACH%\n%			%((L:SW_15, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%MOA%\n%			%((L:SW_16, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%RESTRICTED%\n%			%((L:SW_17, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%PROHIBITED%\n%			%((L:SW_18, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%WARNING%\n%			%((L:SW_19, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%ALERT%\n%			%((L:SW_20, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%DANGER%\n%			%((L:SW_21, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%NATIONAL PARK%\n%			%((L:SW_22, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%MODE C%\n%			%((L:SW_23, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%RADAR%\n%			%((L:SW_24, bool))%{if}%\{clr2}%{else}%\{clr1}%{end}%TRAINING%\n%			%\{clr3}%--- %((L:SEND AIRSPACE, number))%!d!% ---%</String>	</FormattedText></Element><Mouse><Area Name="NONE" Left="0" Top="3" Width="128" Height="10">     <Cursor Type="Hand"/>     <Click>(L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) 1 =! if{ 1 (>L:SEND AIRSPACE, number) 1 (>L:SW_1, bool) 0 (>L:SW_2, bool) 0 (>L:SW_3, bool) 0 (>L:SW_4, bool) 0 (>L:SW_5, bool) 0 (>L:SW_6, bool) 0 (>L:SW_7, bool) 0 (>L:SW_8, bool) 0 (>L:SW_9, bool) 0 (>L:SW_10, bool) 0 (>L:SW_11, bool) 0 (>L:SW_12, bool) 0 (>L:SW_13, bool) 0 (>L:SW_14, bool) 0 (>L:SW_15, bool) 0 (>L:SW_16, bool) 0 (>L:SW_17, bool) 0 (>L:SW_18, bool) 0 (>L:SW_19, bool) 0 (>L:SW_20, bool) 0 (>L:SW_21, bool) 0 (>L:SW_22, bool) 0 (>L:SW_23, bool) 0 (>L:SW_24, bool)</Click></Area><Area Name="CENTER" Left="0" Top="23" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_2, bool) if{ @SUBT(2,2) } els{ @ADD(2,2) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLASS A" Left="0" Top="43" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_3, bool) if{ @SUBT(3,4) } els{ @ADD(3,4) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLASS B" Left="0" Top="63" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_4, bool) if{ @SUBT(4,8) } els{ @ADD(4,8) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLASS C" Left="0" Top="81" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_5, bool) if{ @SUBT(5,16) } els{ @ADD(5,16) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLASS D" Left="0" Top="100" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_6, bool) if{ @SUBT(6,32) } els{ @ADD(6,32) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLASS E" Left="0" Top="119" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_7, bool) if{ @SUBT(7,64) } els{ @ADD(7,64) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLASS F" Left="0" Top="138" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_8, bool) if{ @SUBT(8,128) } els{ @ADD(8,128) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLASS G" Left="0" Top="158" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_9, bool) if{ @SUBT(9,256) } els{ @ADD(9,256) }</Click></Area><Area Name="TOWER" Left="0" Top="177" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_10, bool) if{ @SUBT(10,512) } els{ @ADD(10,512) }</Click></Area><Area Name="CLEARANCE" Left="0" Top="196" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_11, bool) if{ @SUBT(11,1024) } els{ @ADD(11,1024) }</Click></Area><Area Name="GROUND" Left="0" Top="215" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_12, bool) if{ @SUBT(12,2048) } els{ @ADD(12,2048) }</Click></Area><Area Name="DEPARTURE" Left="0" Top="235" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_13, bool) if{ @SUBT(13,4096) } els{ @ADD(13,4096) }</Click></Area><Area Name="APPROACH" Left="0" Top="255" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_14, bool) if{ @SUBT(14,8192) } els{ @ADD(14,8192) }</Click></Area><Area Name="MOA" Left="0" Top="274" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_15, bool) if{ @SUBT(15,16384) } els{ @ADD(15,16384) }</Click></Area><Area Name="RESTRICTED" Left="0" Top="293" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_16, bool) if{ @SUBT(16,32768) } els{ @ADD(16,32768) }</Click></Area><Area Name="PROHIBITED" Left="0" Top="313" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_17, bool) if{ @SUBT(17,65536) } els{ @ADD(17,65536) }</Click></Area><Area Name="WARNING" Left="0" Top="332" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_18, bool) if{ @SUBT(18,131072) } els{ @ADD(18,131072) }</Click></Area><Area Name="ALERT" Left="0" Top="351" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_19, bool) if{ @SUBT(19,262144) } els{ @ADD(19,262144) }</Click></Area><Area Name="DANGER" Left="0" Top="370" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_20, bool) if{ @SUBT(20,524288) } els{ @ADD(20,524288) }</Click></Area><Area Name="NATIONAL PARK" Left="0" Top="388" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_21, bool) if{ @SUBT(21,1048576) } els{ @ADD(21,1048576) }</Click></Area><Area Name="MODE C" Left="0" Top="408" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_22, bool) if{ @SUBT(22,2097152) } els{ @ADD(22,2097152) }</Click></Area><Area Name="RADAR" Left="0" Top="429" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_23, bool) if{ @SUBT(23,4194304) } els{ @ADD(23,4194304) }</Click></Area><Area Name="TRAINING" Left="0" Top="446" Width="128" Height="10">	<Cursor Type="Hand"/>	<Click>(L:SW_24, bool) if{ @SUBT(24,8388608) } els{ @ADD(24,8388608) }</Click></Area></Mouse></Gauge>

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Just for general information, I direct everyone's attention to this Wiki entry on the subject of "Airspaces" or more specifically incomplete SDK information on the subject, which Roman seems to have covered well in his example XML script:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=GPS:_Missing_Airspace_Options :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just for general information, I direct everyone's attention to this Wiki entry on the subject of "Airspaces" or more specifically incomplete SDK information on the subject, which Roman seems to have covered well in his example XML script:http://www.fsdevelop...irspace_Options :(
... but most of the input parameters listed in that Wiki are incorrect.

... but most of the input parameters listed in that Wiki are incorrect.
Someone must have edited that without knowing what they were doing, because it was accurate when I created it.Thanks for letting me know it had been changed! I've now edited it to repair the incorrect data... :( I know that when I created the entry I used the data from my own G1000 "gauge."
	<!-- B, C, D, MOA, RESTRICTED, PROHIBITED, WARNING, ALERT, DANGER, MODE_C, RADAR, TRAINING -->	<!-- 8, 16,32, 64,    128,        264,       528     1024   2048    4096    8192     16384 -->	<Macro Name="kDisplayedAirspaces">0xFFFFFF</Macro>	<!-- MOA, RESTRICTED, PROHIBITED, WARNING, ALERT, DANGER -->	<Macro Name="kAlwaysDisplayedAirspaces">0x0FC000</Macro>

Fr. Bill    

Someone must have edited that without knowing what they were doing, because it was accurate when I created it.Thanks for letting me know it had been changed! I've now edited it to repair the incorrect data... :( I know that when I created the entry I used the data from my own G1000 "gauge."
	<!-- B, C, D, MOA, RESTRICTED, PROHIBITED, WARNING, ALERT, DANGER, MODE_C, RADAR, TRAINING -->	<!-- 8, 16,32, 64,    128,        264,   	528 	1024   2048    4096    8192 	16384 -->	<Macro Name="kDisplayedAirspaces">0xFFFFFF</Macro>	<!-- MOA, RESTRICTED, PROHIBITED, WARNING, ALERT, DANGER -->	<Macro Name="kAlwaysDisplayedAirspaces">0x0FC000</Macro>

They still do not look right...

They still do not look right...
Please quit being so cryptic. :Party:If something is wrong, just say what it is specifically and cite sources.

Fr. Bill    

Please quit being so cryptic. :Party:If something is wrong, just say what it is specifically and cite sources.
My pleasure, Bill. In context of the latter part of this thread, I thought that what I was getting at was clear, but I am happy to articulate further. In a nutshell, I believe the wiki still has incorrect parameter values and an incomplete airspace type list.Regarding the airspace list, Microsoft provided the complete list:GPS EnumerationsRegarding the parameter values, I said that most of the input parameters listed in that Wiki are incorrect, and after your edit, I still think the same thing because they did not change. Specifically, the values for Draw Nothing (Airspace type 'None'), Class B, Class C, and Class D are correct, but the others are not.The CustomDraw attribute, ObjectDetailLayerAirspaces, uses the same parameter value as NearestAirspaceQuery. The way to generate that value is described here:Current Airspace Frequency...and, more thoroughly, here:FS9GPS DocumentationRoman pointed out that the stock Windows calculators handle binary and therefore can be used to generate the hex or decimal value that NearestAirspaceQuery uses, and he provided xml code that will generate NearestAirspaceQuery in decimal form using click areas to select airspace types. Alternatively, here is an HTML solution that will generate hex as well as decimal values:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">	<head>		<title>BlackBox</title>		<link rel="shortcut icon" href="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/favicon.ico"]/favicon.ico[/url]" type="image/x-icon" /> 		<link rel="stylesheet" href="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/styles.css"]styles.css[/url]" type="text/css" />		<script type="text/javascript" src="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/mootools1.2.js"]../mootools1.2.js[/url]"></script>		<script type="text/javascript" src="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/scripts.js"]scripts.js[/url]"></script>	</head>	<body>		<table id="main">			<tr><td id="header">				<ul id="tabs">					<li><div class="tabbar"></div><a href="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/?guide"]?guide[/url]">GPS Guidebook</a></li>					<li class="selected"><div class="tabbar"></div><a href="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/?gpsv"]?gpsv[/url]">GPS Viewer</a></li>					<li><div class="tabbar"></div><a href="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/?help"]?help[/url]">Help</a></li>					<li><div class="tabbar"></div><a href="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/?download"]?download[/url]">Download</a></li>					<li><div class="tabbar"></div><a href="[url="view-source:http://www.robbiemcelrath.com/blackbox/?home"]?home[/url]">Home</a></li>				</ul>			</td></tr>			<tr><td><div id="contentFrame"><div id="content">				<h2>NearestAirspaceQuery</h2>	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="0" />		NONE	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="1" />		CENTER	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="2" />		CLASS_A	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="3" />		CLASS_B	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="4" />		CLASS_C	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="5" />		CLASS_D	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="6" />		CLASS_E	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="7" />		CLASS_F	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="8" />		CLASS_G	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="9" />		TOWER	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="10" />		CLEARANCE	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="11" />		GROUND	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="12" />		DEPARTURE	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="13" />		APPROACH	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="14" />		MOA	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="15" />		RESTRICTED	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="16" />		PROHIBITED	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="17" />		WARNING	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="18" />		ALERT	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="19" />		DANGER	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="20" />		NATIONAL_PARK	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="21" />		MODE_C	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="22" />		RADAR	</label>	<br />	<label>		<input type="checkbox" onclick="refresh()" rel="23" />		TRAINING	</label>	<br /><br /><span id="hex">0x000000</span>          <span id="dec">0</span><script type="text/javascript">	function refresh() {		var num = 0;		$('input').each(function(input) {			if (input.checked)				num += 1 << input.get('rel');		});		$('dec').set('text', num);		var hex = ('000000' + num.toString(16)).substr(-6).toUpperCase();		$('hex').set('text', '0x' + hex);	}	window.addEvent('domready', refresh);</script>			</div></div></td></tr>		</table>		<div id="copyright">©2011 Robbie McElrath</div>				<div id="screenshot" style="display: none">			<div id="ssBack"></div>			<table id="ssTable">				<tr><td id="ssCell" valign="center" align="center">					<div id="ssLoading"></div>				</td></tr>			</table>		</div>	</body></html>

My pleasure, Bill. In context of the latter part of this thread, I thought that what I was getting at was clear, but I am happy to articulate further. In a nutshell, I believe the wiki still has incorrect parameter values and an incomplete airspace type list.Regarding the airspace list, Microsoft provided the complete list:GPS Enumerations
Thanks for the detailed reply. What is rather odd about the "official list" is that the following are not airspaces at all:
TOWER = 9,CLEARANCE = 10,GROUND = 11,DEPARTURE = 12,
More to the point however, is that this is not intended to request single bit of information, but rather to send a single "ask it all at once" to the gps engine via a <CustomDraw> element requesting it to draw airspaces on the map, which means that the @Macro has to have a summed list of all parameters requested expressed in hex.I will however have to do some further investigation to see what else I may have missed. At the time I authored that article, there was no information from MS/ACES at all. I based the article on what I received from Susan Ashlock, who was at that time the owner of the gauge/panel code for ACES.
<ObjectDetailLayerAirspaces>@kDisplayedAirspaces</ObjectDetailLayerAirspaces>

Fr. Bill