Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

Carenado Gauge

I wasn't sure about what reverted back to what when variables are used or not. If I read it correctly, if the window_size is not specified that panel window would be size_mm= divided by first window (Window_00) to give you a relative scale of the panel window. If seems much easier to just give the panel window_size and let the gauge BMP be scaled within that window relative to the size_mm. Thanks for your help - I will get it through my thick head eventually.
Correct, that's exactly how it's supposed to work, as it's a fall-back in case certain required values aren't present. That's why it's always much easier (and better programming etiquette) to define the panel window's window_size= and size_mm values for each individual [WindowXX] section. Then you don't have to figure out percentages based on values that exist in different [WindowXX] sections in order to define the scaling and size of the panel window you're working on, as each section is properly defined on its own. This leaves size_mm= as just the value for determining scale of the gauges on that particular panel window. Otherwise you have to start dividing the size_mm of the panel window that you're working on by the first size_mm defined in the panel.cfg file, just to try and determine what size you want that panel window to display at, in addition to the scaling that will be used in that window. Obviously, that's less than ideal. I certainly didn't want to make things more confusing with the 'what if' scenarios, since as long as those values are present in each [WindowXX] section, then none of the 'what if' scenarios would apply. :) Good luck again,-George

I initially used the 530 everywhere, but being a full height gauge,it does not fit into a half height slot... so for the Carenado Bonanzaas an example, the 430 is the better fit
Well, if one wished to be perfectly correct, the 530 is a dual rack height unit, since the 430 fits in a "standard avionics rack" space... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, if one wished to be perfectly correct, the 530 is a dual rack height unit, since the 430 fits in a "standard avionics rack" space... :(
I stand corrected :(

Bert

So, I finally broke down and bought the Reality XP 530... WOW WOW! Soo much more powerful. I don't fly a whole lot of GPS navigation but situational awareness is off the charts with FSMap + RXP 530 flipped up on the screen.Question - Say these gauges are [Window29] - how can I assign / force a hotkey for popup (ie Shift+n). Should I just remove one of the windows that I might not use in [window01] thru [window09] ?

Benjamin Van Eps

So, I finally broke down and bought the Reality XP 530... WOW WOW! Soo much more powerful. I don't fly a whole lot of GPS navigation but situational awareness is off the charts with FSMap + RXP 530 flipped up on the screen.Question - Say these gauges are [Window29] - how can I assign / force a hotkey for popup (ie Shift+n). Should I just remove one of the windows that I might not use in [window01] thru [window09] ?
Yes, you can renumber the windows any way you like. No need to remove a window - just swap numbers.I always make window01 the gps window. That way shift-2 opens the gps in any plane.I even have a button on my yoke set to shift-2.

Bert