Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747dash8

Rebuilding my PC

I'm sure the OP didn't want his thread to be an argument, so let's stop with this. If you want to PM me you're welcome, but there's no need to publicly argue.

Guys, I noticed that I've to upgrade my PSU aswell. It's an Antec one with 500W and that's pretty low. I'm going to buy the following:- Intel Core i5 2500K- MSI P67A-GD65- NVIDEA GTX 560 Ti- 2 x 4 GB Corsair 1333- The minimum system power requirement (W) is 500W for the GTX 560 Ti. But still, how many Watt do you recommed and wich PSU?

Sorry Ethan, but you advertise your own commercial system building service in your signature. You really should know a great deal more about the hardware you are selling to others then stuff you picked up in flight sim forums.

Sorry Ethan, but you advertise your own commercial system building service in your signature. You really should know a great deal more about the hardware you are selling to others then stuff you picked up in flight sim forums.
Guys!I do! I was quoting what Ryan said because it was easily accesible. Do you think that I would be doing this if my only knowledge was based off of flight sim forums?! It was one flub. One mess up. The SB is a new product and I think it should be understandable that I have one misunderstanding! My word! I hang around here trying to provide help and assistance to others, and it gets very critical reception. There are some people that talk smack out of their rears, but I'm not doing that. I was incorrect on one fact about a brand new product. I was an IT tech and systems administrator before my current job, and I built computers then too. Please guys. I was trying to help. This thread should be about helping the OP not about me. I said that I stand corrected on that fact, why do we have to keep regurgitating this. Let it be done please. I love aviation, I love computers, and I love helping people. Can we please make the wonderful provision that we have here at avsim be used for enjoyment and assistance instead of critique? I was trying to help. It was one incorrect comment, I was wrong, please let's move on.

Guys, I noticed that I've to upgrade my PSU aswell. It's an Antec one with 500W and that's pretty low. I'm going to buy the following:- Intel Core i5 2500K- MSI P67A-GD65- NVIDEA GTX 560 Ti- 2 x 4 GB Corsair 1333- The minimum system power requirement (W) is 500W for the GTX 560 Ti. But still, how many Watt do you recommed and wich PSU?
You don't need to upgrade your PSU. What's the model exactly?

Woow great! Taking a look on the attic found the old invoice of my current computer! Here's the invoice of what I currently have in my computer:Invoice: October 19th 2007- Antec Lifestyle Sonata III ECThis is the housing (don't know the "tech-word") of the computer itself. This will not be upgraded.- Intel E6750 core 2 duo 2.66 4Mb 1333 RetailWill be upgraded to an Intel Core i5 2500K- Corsair VS2GBKIT667D2 2x1024MB 667MHZThis one has been upgraded a few months ago to 4 GB in total but will be completely upgraded new memory to Corsair 2 x 4 GB 1600MHz- Sapphire ATI 2600XT, 256MBThis one has been upgraded to ATI Radeon HD5570, 512 mb. Will be upgraded to eVGA GTX 560 Ti- Nec 18x dvdrw blck AD7173S LF SataNo need to upgrade(?)- Samsung 16x48x SHD-162C DVD Black OEMNo need to upgrade(?)- Western Digital Cavier SE 320GB 7200rpm S-ATA 16MB Cache WD3200KS OEMI gues, no need to upgrade? 320GB must be enough I think so.- Apacer Internal CardReader USB2.0 16in1 BlackNo need to upgrade - GigaByte S775 P35-S3 ATX FSB 1333 4x DDRII 800Will be upgraded to the MSI P67A-GD65Note: There will come an extra cooler (Corsair A70) and a new PSU (wich one, not yet decided but max. is €90 - €100). Current PSU is an Antec 500W Earthwatts, don't know the exact type.Kind regards,Steven

Guest 747dash8
Opinion:600T: The 600T is a nice case, but it is a mid tower case. This means that things will be quite tight on the inside. There will also be less ventilation. There are less ventilation options because you can't fit very many fans into a mid tower case. But also, even with good fans, the airflow is still restricted be all of the 'stuff' in the way. So, will it work? Yes. But there are better options available. Good airflow is crucial to your system. You are building a nice system, so why hold back with the case? You can get a full tower for the same price or less. You might be interested in the Antec 1200 > Very Nice! Or possibly the AZZA Hurican (Not a typo. It's not hurricane.) Anyway, that's my suggestion. That will keep your overall temps way down. Velociraptor: (See above) SSDs run much cooler, are silent, are faster, and are far more reliable than VRs. With an SSD you shouldn't get texture loading stutters or blurs. It should be smooth sailing....
Is this the case you were talking about:http://www.pccasegea...roducts_id=6916I would like to get the VelociRaptor because I would like to play it safe with spaceAnd this is the RAM:http://www.pccasegea...oducts_id=16459

Guest 747dash8

While I build this could anyone recommended what CPU I could get to go with my old one. It has a Gigabyte P45 motherboard. I would like to also know if the ASUS GT 430 VGA card would work with this motherboard.ThanksEdit: Really need a system to use while building!!!

Is this the case you were talking about:http://www.pccasegea...roducts_id=6916I would like to get the VelociRaptor because I would like to play it safe with spaceAnd this is the RAM:http://www.pccasegea...oducts_id=16459
Yes! That is the case. It is a very nice case. I have personal experience with it, and it is very strong and sturdy. I guess the price is in AUD because it is like $160 here in the US. Anyway, that is the case. I would buy some more quiet 120mm fans. If I remember it comes with 4 (?). I think three in the front, one on the back. Well you could buy 2 or 3 more fans to put on the side and top of the case. Remember that one fan "port" will need to stay open if you use the H70. That ram looks ok as well.PS. For the aftermarket fans, you have hundreds of choices. But you probably want something that is quiet, but that moves a lot of air. (Especially with a VR) SilenX makes pretty good fans. I don't know if you have access to them in AU, but if you do, they give you some pretty good options. I think the fans I'm using from them now are rated at 90CFM and <18dba.

Guest 747dash8

I am sort of thinking about the E8400 for the fix on the pc and the nvidia g 430 I think.Regards

I had an Antec 500W (don't recall the model number), but it was absolutely impossible to get the system stable with any kind of OC of the CPU - it would constantly reboot within 30 minutes. I then changed to a Corsair TX850 about a year ago and have since then experienced just a few reboots.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I had an Antec 500W (don't recall the model number), but it was absolutely impossible to get the system stable with any kind of OC of the CPU - it would constantly reboot within 30 minutes. I then changed to a Corsair TX850 about a year ago and have since then experienced just a few reboots.
Well, you may simply have an unstable OC. What Vcore are you at?

Well, you may simply have an unstable OC. What Vcore are you at?
It's very possible that may be the case. I am very far from a hardware expert and when it comes to oc I don't experiment myself, just follow others advices! :D My overclock settings I took from this test: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-920-overclocking_11.html which uses the same cpu and mobo that I have. I don't know if xbitlabs is supposed to be a reliable source, but the OC has worked for me so far.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Yes! That is the case. It is a very nice case. I have personal experience with it, and it is very strong and sturdy. I guess the price is in AUD because it is like $160 here in the US. Anyway, that is the case. I would buy some more quiet 120mm fans. If I remember it comes with 4 (?). I think three in the front, one on the back. Well you could buy 2 or 3 more fans to put on the side and top of the case. Remember that one fan "port" will need to stay open if you use the H70. That ram looks ok as well.PS. For the aftermarket fans, you have hundreds of choices. But you probably want something that is quiet, but that moves a lot of air. (Especially with a VR) SilenX makes pretty good fans. I don't know if you have access to them in AU, but if you do, they give you some pretty good options. I think the fans I'm using from them now are rated at 90CFM and <18dba.
Are you recommending that he needs SEVEN fans PLUS the H70? Do you think his PSU is up to that?

Are you recommending that he needs SEVEN fans PLUS the H70? Do you think his PSU is up to that?
LOL, fans don't even draw 1W