Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

4GB memory limit for 1155 pin mobo?

Hi all,I want to buy the i7 2600k which uses a 1155 pin mobo socket.Is this mobo limited to 4 GB RAM or can we go higher to 6 or 8 GB?Thanks,Christos

It has 4 RAM slots, so you can use a lot more than 4GB, don't worry about that. most popular sticks ATM are the 2 and 4GB, so you could have up to 16GB of RAM with those sticks. Question is, do you need more than 4GB?

Thanks for the reply,I am using it for FSX and gathering information from various forums I belive I need about 6 GB.Christos

Thanks for the reply,I am using it for FSX and gathering information from various forums I belive I need about 6 GB.Christos
Well, since it's an 1155 motherboard and there for doesn't use triple channel kits, I'd go for a 2x4GB dual channel kit. Less dimms populated is always good (to a point).

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Just waiting on my new 2500k arriving it got delayed till next week,Anyway because it is a dual channel instead of a triple channel its fine mine has 2x4gb so 8gb so you can have 6 or 8gb at the moment but later in the year they are making 8gb sticks ( i believe so this isnt going to be a problem) so for now you can have a total of 16gb dual channel and 16gb of ram is overkill for anything if you ask me so you will be fine just buy 4gb dual channel sticks