Sign in to follow this  
PAY7607

PSS B777 not working with FS9? :(

Hello gentlemen,I just got the PSS Boeing777 for FS2004, I did the auto install and then chose the LRF model without VC for a little test run , but the moment i clicked on 'Fly Now'I got error which was GDI ..something..it said fs9.exe not found and i had it asked me to either terminate application or debug it , whichever i clicked my FS rebooted...!!Iam very very sad because iam a big fan of 777 and have been looking forwad to fly it , but things have not worked t seems..Iam running windows XP , with nVidia 9600GT and 2 GB ram..Thanks for any help!

HiI assume that you have the Just Flight version as PSS itself has been defunct for many years. The JF version should be exactly the same as the original PSS release with one exception - Just Flight use their own installer.Firstly, did you try the 777 Load Editor before you started FS9. If not, please try it as it will give a good indication of where the problem might lie.In any case, go the Flight One site and download the free registry repair tool - run it for FS9 just to confirm that everything is ok there.Finally, it often helps just to do a full uninstall, reboot the system and then reinstall.Good LuckJohn R

Hello Sir,Thanks a ton for the prompt reply , i did exactly the way you said and things seem to have become a little better ,....making me even more eager to get going.....The load manager is working fine.....here is the error i get....the moment i click on it fs9 shuts down...!!!!Please help....thanksRegardsAtamvir Multani

Do you have other aircraft add-ons? In particular, the captain sim 757.

Do you have other aircraft add-ons? In particular, the captain sim 757.
nope...i have a few freeware....but they work perfectly fine.....i dont have any payware onboard..!!

OK - so its not the Weather Radar {early CS 757 had a conflict with the PSS 757 wxr radar}If you search GDI+ errors on Google, it suggests bitmap problems. So have a look at your freewarre add-ons. Try removing all the textures {just put them in a back up folder} - if that fails uninstall the freeware add-ons themselves so that FS9 is not "looking" for them when in loads.Now you are getting near to a clean FS9 install and there is no reason that the T7 should not be okAgain - good luckJohn R

Well, things seem to have improved again a little more......It did not come when i started FS right now , however when i shut it down and restarted again ,it popped up , seems like things are going on track on their own , thanks for the help..thankuRegardsAtamvir

Hi AtamvirIf it still not working {I assume that you have tried Just Flight support} try removing all the textures from the 777. See if you can get working with a grey model - at least that would ensure that one of the liveries is/not causing the problem.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.