Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Question About Watts and Amps

You'll be fine I guess. Borderline if it's a single rail PSU but if it could handle the 6600 it should also the GT 430

Here is the label on the side of the PSU ThanksRandy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Here is the label on the side of the PSU ThanksRandy
You're fine. The card you've bought uses maximum 49 W /12 V = 4 Amps. (when it is running at full load which is not often..)Different story if you had a 460 or 560 etc..

Bert

Guest veeray

Bert: I love how we got so many opinions on the power consumption....

Bert: I love how we got so many opinions on the power consumption....
Well.. many of the newer cards are very power hungry, so it makes sense to be careful whenbuying a new card and checking that the power supply can handle it.This particular card actually uses very little power, it gets it's power from thevideo card connector on the mother board (<50W).If in doubt, I suggest going to the nvidia web-site and looking up the specs.

Bert

Guest veeray

well at least someone is double checking I personally use gpureview.com before entering any discussion on comparisons. Does get silly when people start recommending a purchase of a newer bigger power supply, when the new card draws less power than before.