Sign in to follow this  
Grant06

Where are scenery objects stored

0I am just getting "Airport Design Editor 9x" WORKING. Totaly new so I will be reading more here. So here is a bsic stupid question. I am only ZAanhancing my local small town airport. Just adding trees and other stuff to make it more homely for now. Alot of these scenery objects dont show thumb pics in the editor, Just wanted to go look in the directory for a look. Type of file, extension. ect.So where are these objects stored in FSX, been swimming but can't find.Thanks

Download the Big Thumbnail Pack. It should be available here on AVSIM in the FSX Scenery Design Section of the File Library. That contains thumbnails of all the stock objects.Finding the objects - well most of them are in the bgl files in \Scenery\Global\Scenery. The textures they use are in \Scenery\Global|Texure. However they are not all there. Some are in OBX files and some are in specific 'City' files. Actually knowing where they are is not all that useful however. If you are using ADEX then it knows about all the stock objects from these files. What you are missing are the thumbnails.

Download the Big Thumbnail Pack. It should be available here on AVSIM in the FSX Scenery Design Section of the File Library. That contains thumbnails of all the stock objects.Finding the objects - well most of them are in the bgl files in \Scenery\Global\Scenery. The textures they use are in \Scenery\Global|Texure. However they are not all there. Some are in OBX files and some are in specific 'City' files. Actually knowing where they are is not all that useful however. If you are using ADEX then it knows about all the stock objects from these files. What you are missing are the thumbnails.
Much appreciated, that's the fix. Thanks a ton for your free software. Too easy.:(

over at flightsim.com search for:FSX Big Thumbnail Pack or bigthumb.zipor at AVSIMBig Thumbnail Pack or big_thumb_pack.zipor download my "Bryan Wallis"Default Scenery Objects - Viewer or fsx_-_scenery_objects_-_viewer.zip

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3