Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Upgrade

True or False, If you plan to use dual monitors you can't run trwo video cards in SLI mode - you would need to disable SLI and have 1 video card for each monitor.
Umm...No, your statement is false. SLI now supports dual monitors.

Umm...No, your statement is false. SLI now supports dual monitors.
Yup. Connect the 2 cards with the SLI cable & plug both screens into the primary card.

Was hooping not to have to spend too much as the income is down quite alot since november, but with the summer season coming up soon I might have some cash to spare... hopefully...So I'm tending towards the;P8P67 ProA new power supply of 850W (Dunno what brand but don't think that it's that important for power supply)Thinking of a cooler along the lines of maybe a water cooler...i5-2500k Processor (Unless anyone has any other opinions to express)GTX560TI I may get depending on finance and if over 512mb is needed fo NGXAnything else i'm missing out on?
The power supply is pretty important... Could burn your rig up or crap out on you. Also, if you're only running one video card a quality 600W-700W is enough."Water cooler"? Which one? The Corsair H50/70 are great. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.Processor is fine, make sure you get the P67, especially if overclocking.512MB of video memory?! I suggest a minimum of 1GB these days, especially if you're at higher resolutions.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Was hooping not to have to spend too much as the income is down quite alot since november, but with the summer season coming up soon I might have some cash to spare... hopefully...So I'm tending towards the;P8P67 ProA new power supply of 850W (Dunno what brand but don't think that it's that important for power supply)Thinking of a cooler along the lines of maybe a water cooler...i5-2500k Processor (Unless anyone has any other opinions to express)GTX560TI I may get depending on finance and if over 512mb is needed fo NGXAnything else i'm missing out on?
-Look at the Corsair H70 if you want to go the water cooling route or the A70 for air cooling. Either should be able to get the CPU to 4.5+GHz easily.-Get a Corsair AX850 for the PSU. (could probably do the 750 if you want too - 850 isn't really needed for this system but it might be nice to have for the future.)-1GB is the minimum you should be getting on a new video card right now. Get a GTX 460, 560 Ti, 570, or 580. (those are all based on the newest Nvidia chip, the GF110) Which one you get depends on if you're intending to play other games besides FSX - If not, go with the 460 or 560 Ti, if you are, try to get a 570, it's a pretty serious leap above the lower two for stuff that really uses the GPU.The NGX doesn't "require* a 1GB card per se, but if you want to run it at a high resolution and AA level with a bunch of other texture intensive addons like the Orbx sceneries, REX2, UTX, GEX etc - you're going to need at least 1GB. I have pushed my system over 1GB of texture usage in FSX before.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

-Look at the Corsair H70 if you want to go the water cooling route or the A70 for air cooling. Either should be able to get the CPU to 4.5+GHz easily.-Get a Corsair AX850 for the PSU. (could probably do the 750 if you want too - 850 isn't really needed for this system but it might be nice to have for the future.)-1GB is the minimum you should be getting on a new video card right now. Get a GTX 460, 560 Ti, 570, or 580. (those are all based on the newest Nvidia chip, the GF110) Which one you get depends on if you're intending to play other games besides FSX - If not, go with the 460 or 560 Ti, if you are, try to get a 570, it's a pretty serious leap above the lower two for stuff that really uses the GPU.The NGX doesn't "require* a 1GB card per se, but if you want to run it at a high resolution and AA level with a bunch of other texture intensive addons like the Orbx sceneries, REX2, UTX, GEX etc - you're going to need at least 1GB. I have pushed my system over 1GB of texture usage in FSX before.
Would a lack of memory in the graphics card cause lower FPS?It's only an FSX computer and I'll probably go for the AX850 to keep my options open in the future instead of having to buy a new power supply in a year or two.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Lack of texture memory causes stutters and choppy framerate, yes.Seriously, don't get a 512MB video card - there's no modern card being made with that little memory now. A 1GB GTX460 is under US $200.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Rónán,I've used both the 460 and 560 Ti. My recommendation would be the 560 Ti, as I said before, because when I use this with fsx I get *no* stutters at all! It is sweet.

I'll go with the 560TI then If finances allow, might be a month or two later as I've been getting a load of standbys at work and thee wife is still on maternity leave...Does it make a difference if you install components later than others?

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

What iss the actual differencwe between Corsair H70 and the A70 in terms of heat removal and should they work with most computer cases?I'm assuming they're compatible with the sandy bridges series, no?

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

What iss the actual differencwe between Corsair H70 and the A70 in terms of heat removal and should they work with most computer cases?I'm assuming they're compatible with the sandy bridges series, no?
Both are compatible with the 1155 socket (sandy bridge). Any cooler that fits the more common 1156 socket will also fit the 1155 as far as I know.I use the H70 with my 2600k & at 4.4GHz it never gets over 57c running prime95.the A70 will be adequate to cool your CPU unless you're really pushing the envelope in OC'ing. Even then I doubt the cooling difference between the two is more than a few degrees C. Best off googling some independent comparisons/reviews, don't take my word for it. Biggest fit problem with an air cooler will be it's height, you'll have to make sure your case is wide enough for it. The only requirement I'm aware of for the H70 is that the rear fan port on your case has to be for 120mm (4.75") fans, which is pretty standard. If the fan grill on the rear of your case is flat you can save a bit of space by mounting the rear-most fan (it has 2) on the outside. That'll free up an inch (25mm) of internal space.

Guest 747dash8
SCENERY: ORBX/FTX:Pacific North West * Northern Rocky Mountains * USA/Canada Pacific Fjords * Australia SP3 All regions * YMML Melbourne * YBBN Brisbane * YBCS Cairns * YSBC Canberra * UltimateTerrain X:North America & Europe * Ground Environment X: NorthAmerica & Europe * Real Environment X * ActiveSky Evolution * FSGenesis Galaxy Member * FSDreamteam: KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORDO'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 * LSZG Zurich * FlyTampa KTPA Tampa * KBOS Logan * VHHX Kai Tak * Aerosoft EGLL Heathrow * EHAM Schiphol * LFMNNice/Cote D'azur. * Flightbeam KSFO X *
Seems you like FTX. My system won't cope but I hope my new one will.

Guest 747dash8
I'll go with the 560TI then If finances allow, might be a month or two later as I've been getting a load of standbys at work and thee wife is still on maternity leave...Does it make a difference if you install components later than others?
Highly recommend, can't stand the uneven and slow rates at busy airports and hope to eliminate that with my brand new system.Big%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gifBig%20Grin.gif