Sign in to follow this  
HA036

Problem with XGauge Installation Wizard

Hi,I am at work right now, but I know there are some directions for manually installing XG in the AS manual.

Hi Jim,Perhaps you are referring to page 55 of the documentation? It appears to be in a section of the manual for Networked Configuration For FSX. It seems to say to move the XG folder to an alternate location. No doubt I'm missing the information you wish to point me to...problem being sharp as a marble some days. I have a fair handle on the makeup of the panel.cfg file which is where I (caution with the following word) assume all the action takes place. Would appear also to need a .dll installed somewhere. On page 56 there are references to some registry entries which I'm comfortable doing but they appear to be for networking. I continue to thank you sir for your help.George

Hi,Yes, I would like you to go through p55 and 56 and do each step. Please note that you are going to copy over some files and run an installer on your server computer.

Hi,Yes, I would like you to go through p55 and 56 and do each step. Please note that you are going to copy over some files and run an installer on your server computer.
Hmm. Would you consider the fact that I only have one computer as my server computer? It really is a standalone, do you still want me to run through those procedures?g

Hi,Yes please do and report any error messages.

Hi,It is fixed. I did a complete vanilla install only with the addition of the LVL-D 763 and PMDG 747-400X. 1. I did not change any settings in the registry.2. When first the XG install was attempted and failed last week, the following were true. I had removed all aircraft that were default to FSX and replaced them with WoAI "dumb" AI aircraft. The only complete aircraft installed at the time XG was attempted were the Level-D and PMDG aircraft. It should be noted that the "dumb" aircraft do not have a panel.cfg.3. Windows 7 already has .NET Framework 2.0 which I believe was rolled up into one of the latter packages. Windows 7 will not allow the installation of .NET Framework 2.0.4. While having the option of which window entry to use for XG, both the Level-D and PMDG aircraft have in excess of 11 windows, so "append" was my choice so as not to compromise the base installations of those payware aircraft.Perhaps one or more of these findings might be useful in future documentation for the product? Thanks for your help.George

An addendum:Make sure before you run XG, the only aircraft in your \SimObjects\Airplanes folder is any payware aircraft you added e.g. Level-D or PMDG and the aircraft that are installed by FSX. This method is known to work. Adding the WoAI aircraft and possibly, but NOT tested might be something like Ultimate Traffic...I cannot certify about something like Ultimate Traffic, but am confident about my stated method to install. I.E. I know that works. I tried this with JUST the payware and having removed all the other aircraft installed with FSX and it did NOT work. When I added back the aircraft added by FSX, XG worked just fine. Am adding this as I had to re-install and found I had left out some of the finer points of a successful install.Happy Flying!