Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

V1.2 Ground Crew Voices

HiAfter installing V1.2, I've noticed that, as per the change description, the ground crew voices have changed.However, to me, they now sound rather loud and very muffled. Now, having never heard an actual ground crew communication taking place, this muffled sound may well be a realistic facsimile of the sound quality to expect, so I openly accept that.Just an observation really.RegardsGary

HiAfter installing V1.2, I've noticed that, as per the change description, the ground crew voices have changed.However, to me, they now sound rather loud and very muffled. Now, having never heard an actual ground crew communication taking place, this muffled sound may well be a realistic facsimile of the sound quality to expect, so I openly accept that.Just an observation really.RegardsGary
Hi Gary,I added the sounded of noise from the engine/apu in the background and ran the sounds through a filter to make it sound like it's coming through an intercom system.And the UK accept for the ground crew is a Scotsman (who is a real-world Ground crew guy).His accent is a bit heavy.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan, first let me thank you for fixing the Briefs to work properly with headsets. Nicely done...Second, is it possible for FS2Crew users to pick and choose among the 3 ethnic and ground crew voices? Like, select the UK captain, the European FO, and assign the UK ground crew to work with them? Or, any combination of the three? It would give FS2Crew more versatility and users more variety. For me, it's like flying to another airport and having a different group of people assigned to your plane. Other FS9 "supplemental crewmen" programs can currently do this, and it is a feature I believe would really increase FS2Crew realism. However, if we cannot mix individual flight deck and ground personnel, can we at least choose to use JUST the UK ground crew voice with all 3 ethnic voices? Please Bryan, I BEG you ...(LOL)...Lee

Bryan, first let me thank you for fixing the Briefs to work properly with headsets. Nicely done...Second, is it possible for FS2Crew users to pick and choose among the 3 ethnic and ground crew voices? Like, select the UK captain, the European FO, and assign the UK ground crew to work with them? Or, any combination of the three? It would give FS2Crew more versatility and users more variety. For me, it's like flying to another airport and having a different group of people assigned to your plane. Other FS9 "supplemental crewmen" programs can currently do this, and it is a feature I believe would really increase FS2Crew realism. However, if we cannot mix individual flight deck and ground personnel, can we at least choose to use JUST the UK ground crew voice with all 3 ethnic voices? Please Bryan, I BEG you ...(LOL)...Lee
Hi Lee,The three available ground crew voice sets work based on your physical location.So if you're flying in the UK, you'll hear a UK ground crew... if you're in the EU, you'll hear a German... if you're in the US, you'll hear an American.There probably aren't many Americans working at British airports as ground crew, so are you sure you want the ability to hear an American regardless of your location?Best,

Hi Brian, I believe the program developers did an outstanding job in preparing the 3 flight crew and 1 UK ground crew voices. They sound professional and authentic. It's the other two ground voices I wish I had the option to replace, with the UK one. Can we have that option?...Thanks...Lee

Hi Brian, I believe the program developers did an outstanding job in preparing the 3 flight crew and 1 UK ground crew voices. They sound professional and authentic. It's the other two ground voices I wish I had the option to replace, with the UK one. Can we have that option?...Thanks...Lee
Hi Lee,I'm the programmer :( So you want to hear the UK start crew worker when flying in the US or Europe?

Hi Brian, I believe the program developers did an outstanding job in preparing the 3 flight crew voices and the original ground crew voice. I'm referring to the ground voice without the echo effect; the one used so effectively on the FS2Crew demo video. It seems to me that the ground echo voice appears randomly, but I wonder if you could give us the option of selecting only the original ground voice. All the voices are professional and authentic. But, the loudness and echo effect of one ground voice seems distracting, and I wonder if we could select the original one as an option at any airport?...Thanks...Lee

Hi Brian,I apologize for the confusion of my past post. I wanted to ask you if we users could have the option of selecting ANY of the flight crew voices, along with the ORIGINAL ground grew voice, at ANY airport. I would prefer not to use the echo-effect ground voice...What do you think?...Thanks...Lee

Hi Brian,I apologize for the confusion of my past post. I wanted to ask you if we users could have the option of selecting ANY of the flight crew voices, along with the ORIGINAL ground grew voice, at ANY airport. I would prefer not to use the echo-effect ground voice...What do you think?...Thanks...Lee
Hi Lee,The (desired) Flight Crew voices (US, UK, EU) you can select anywhere regardless of your location. So, for example, you can have a British or European flight crew in the United States if desired.As for selecting ground voices (independent of location), I'll consider your request.But you shouldn't be hearing an 'echo' in the UK Start Crew set.Cheers,

Thanks for considering my request Bryan. I'm glad we can choose any of the 3 flight crews at any airport. Now, if you make it possible for us to be able to choose the original, quieter and unenhanced ground crew voice (the Scottish one, I believe; just as it sounded in your demo video), and do that at any airport, you will have provided me with an early FS2Crew Christmas this year...(LOL)...(What's that noise on the roof?)...Lee