Sign in to follow this  
Jethro

FSX SDK Win 7 Help

snapback.pngOpa, on 16 February 2010 - 04:14 AM, said:I also had several issues wuth various "tools" not displaying in the Tools menu, even though they were correctly entered in the xml file.Most, if not all issues were solved when I discovered this set of instructions and followed them - exactly:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...ation_%28FSX%29The basic idea is to have the correct version of the SDK installed for the software combination(s) of the Operating System you are using.Hope that helps.(This is a new post cause I thought it would get overlooked where I posted originally) Big%20Grin.gifHi David,Apologies for asking for a reply on an old post from Feb 2010, but I noticed your help resource link, much appreciated BTW as I seem to be experiencing the same issues making (Traffictoolbox) appear in the FSX Menu under (Tools).I would like to give the Instructions a try if the Steps mentioned in the Link will work with Win7 64, I have .NET 3.5 NGEN and don't think .NET2.0 will install sucessfully to W764. I checked the system requirements on .NET2.0, VC+, and XML4, and they dont mention W7 as compatable. I would like to use the traffic explorer component of the SDK as I had in FS9, but if the installation of these files would de-stablise my Opsys, then could you make any suggestions if these files should be installed at all, to make the SDK work. (depending on what components are unnessary in W7)After recently installing the FSX SDK, on Disk 1 of my FlightSimX Gold edition which includes the Acceleration Expansion Pack and spending the next 3 days tearing the last strands of hair from my head I discovered there just might be an answer. I read through all the info, still not quite sure which category my FSX Gold+ACC pack falls into: (see below extract from FSDeveloper -link)Which proceedure applies to FSX Gold+ACC PackAny help you might offer will be greatly appreciated. I would be greatly interested to know if any one has been successful with the SDK or is it a wast of time, should we just Fly the plane instead, or have bells and whistles and smoke. Thanks in advance. Regards VH-Jet JethroFSX Deluxe RTM users To install the SDK for FSX RTM: 1. FSX must not be running. 2. Browse the FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1 3. Open the SDK sub-folder 4. Double-click the setup.exe 5. Tell it where to install Default installation location is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK FSX Deluxe SP1 users To install the SDK for FSX SP1: 1. Download FSX SDK SP1A 2. Install the FSX Deluxe RTM SDK (see instructions above) 3. Install the FSX SDK SP1A that you downloaded FSX Deluxe SP2 users For standalone SP2 users only ! (All Acceleration Pack users please see instructions below at FSX Acceleration Pack Users). To install the SDK for FSX SP2: 1. Download FSX SDK SP2 2. Install the FSX Deluxe RTM SDK (see instructions above) 3. Install the FSX SDK SP1A (see instructions above) 4. Install the FSX SDK SP2 that you downloaded FSX Acceleration Pack users To install the SDK for FSX Acceleration Pack: 1. Install the RTM SDK from FSX Deluxe Edition disk 1, (see FSX RTM users instructions above). 2. Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD. 3. Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\ 4. Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB). 5. Browse to the folder called SDK\ 6. Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB). <A name=FSX_Standard_users_who.27ve_installed_Ac> FSX Standard users who've installed Acceleration Pack For FSX Standard users only ! Do not use the downloadable SDK SP1A version, (it supposedly doesn't contain the nescessary components). To install the SDK for FSX Acceleration Pack: 1. Insert your Acceleration Pack DVD. 2. Browse to the subfolder called SDK\SP1a\ 3. Install the SDK SP1A from there using fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, (dated 26/09/2007, size 165,569KB). 4. Browse to the folder called SDK\ 5. Install the Acceleration SP2/XPack SDK using sdk.msi, (dated 06/10/2007, size 216,929KB).

Use these instructions"FSX Acceleration Pack users" FSX Gold is only FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration in the same case.

Hi idahosurge,Thanks for your reply, I am now clear on the version of FSX I am using and that install proceedure.My other questions relate to the nessessary files listed in the FS developer document installing the FSX SDK, with regard to their installation into (Win7 64) are the safe to install into W7 These are the files: as listed in this link to FSDeveloper posted originally by David "OPA" Marshall.http://www.fsdevelop...ation_%28FSX%291. x64 - Microsoft Downloads - .NET Framework Version 2.0 (x64) is this one nessary in light of the .net 3.5 next Gen already installed in W7 64. must be installed first, (an FSX prerequisite). 2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259403 VC++ Redistributable - Visual C++ 6.0 run-time components (Which version v4 v5 v6) 3. Microsoft Downloads - MS XML4 (SP3) XML4 must be installed first, (an FSX prerequisite) All .NET & XML4 versions are supplemental they are not replacement versions ! Thanks in advance, any assistance here greatly appreciated.Regards Jethro VH-JET

Since you posted in a Win7 forum I assume that you actually have Win7 installed. Win7 includes all .Net Framework through 3.5, I also have .Net Framework 4 installed.The VC++ Redistributable that you want is Enu (vcredist_x86.exe), even with Win7 64b you want this one.http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067Go ahead and install MSXML 4.0 SP3http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7f6c0cb4-7a5e-4790-a7cf-9e139e6819c0&displaylang=enThe best Win7 and FSX tuning thread there is, I suggest you go through it. It starts with NickN's post on April 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM.Since you are trying to install FSX SDK one would assume that you already have FSX installed and running. If FSX is already installed and running then you by default you should already have the necessary .Net Framework and MSXML 4.0 installed.After you go through the guide for installing SDK for Acceleration and it still does not show up then most of the time the problem is with your paths in your FSX dll file. It is located atC:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXIt has other items besides the three SDK entries, but here is my dll. When you find yours use Notepad to open it. The paths have to be exact for it to work and so does the wording. You may see something like %APPDATA%\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXbut I have installed SDK on four PC's and each time the only way I could get it to work was to type in the complete path as I show it below.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon> <Name>FDav</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Gauges\FDav.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>SuperTrafficBoard Server</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SuperTrafficBoard V3.1\STBServer\STBServer.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Since you posted in a Win7 forum I assume that you actually have Win7 installed. Win7 includes all .Net Framework through 3.5, I also have .Net Framework 4 installed.The VC++ Redistributable that you want is Enu (vcredist_x86.exe), even with Win7 64b you want this one.http://archive.msdn....?ReleaseId=2067Go ahead and install MSXML 4.0 SP3http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=enThe best Win7 and FSX tuning thread there is, I suggest you go through it. It starts with NickN's post on April 11, 2010 at 4:31 PM.Since you are trying to install FSX SDK one would assume that you already have FSX installed and running. If FSX is already installed and running then you by default you should already have the necessary .Net Framework and MSXML 4.0 installed.After you go through the guide for installing SDK for Acceleration and it still does not show up then most of the time the problem is with your paths in your FSX dll file. It is located atC:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXIt has other items besides the three SDK entries, but here is my dll. When you find yours use Notepad to open it. The paths have to be exact for it to work and so does the wording. You may see something like %APPDATA%\Roaming\Microsoft\FSXbut I have installed SDK on four PC's and each time the only way I could get it to work was to type in the complete path as I show it below.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon> <Name>FDav</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Gauges\FDav.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>SuperTrafficBoard Server</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SuperTrafficBoard V3.1\STBServer\STBServer.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>
Hi Idahosurge,Yes = I am running Win7 64 ProYes = I have FSX + Acceleration installed and running.Yes = After I ran the little tooly (ADE9X-Environment-Checker by Martin Gossman) It told me all I needed to know about the essential extras ie:( all .nets and all XMLs and VC++ Redistributable - Visual C++ 6.0 run-time components) already installed. Yes = I have the fullpath to the tools in the (dll.xml) as shown below (because SDK is installed in C:\Program Files (x86) .)You assume correctly my good fellow. Your advice is very welcome and I have done as suggested with (prefect results) SDK is running and all Tools show in Tools Menu in FSX thankyou you're a champion.However, I made one crucial mistake. I failed to understand that there were three parts to the installation of the (SDK)In my case (FSX Gold)1. Installed SDK FSX Disk one 2. Installed SP1a from Acceleration disk3. Had not yet Run the SDK.msi (This was the most likely cause of my problem) Sorry for wasting your time . I am a silly billy.Thankyou for your help Most SincerelyJethro VH-JET<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

I am a newbie as FSX is concerned with a new PC so I can play FSX.Checked the full install option in my FSX deluxe( I realised after several days that SDK also maybe installed )Have installed a lot of ground & airport sceneries, also Wilco PIC and PMDG 747. However in the latter the textures did not download.Already sent my XML file to Ryan at PMDG for a check.Does SDK SP1 & SP2 need a clean FSX or will the upgrade not give problem with my add-ons and maybe improve download issues with textures.Advice please