Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Need some brain power help...

Hi all - I'm customizing KBFI (Boeing Field)AI traffic, and I have run into an annoying problem. My heavy AI (767s & 747s) won't land, or once in a while they will land and then promptly disappear from the runway. All other aircraft land normally, (757s and smaller) So I've done some research to try to solv this and this is what I've learned and what I've tried to do to fix the situation. Per my research the problem could be caused by inadequate parking, or problems with the AFCAD, missing links, parking not being connected to the taxiway system etc. I also found out that the parking that is available has to be bigger than the wingspan of the aircraft in order for the aircraft to use the parking spot. So given all this, I've tried to make sure all these problems were fixed. I use Airport Design Editor, and I ran the fault finder and corrected all problems. I then checked to make sure the wingspans on my heavy aircraft fit into the parking available. AED uses a radius of 36 meters for heavy parking, my biggest heavies are 747-400s, they have a 211.5 ft wingspan. Based on some formula that I found the 211.5 wingspan translates into 32.23 meters (half the wingspan converted into meters) so the parking spot seems to big enough, and I have tons of heavy parking available. When I load FSX up I do have heavy aircraft parking at the heavy gates, and they do depart on time, so I figure the parking spots are big enough, but while my 737s and 757s will land with no problems, my 767s and 747s will either go missed or land and then disappear. I thought that maybe the runway was too short, but when I checked in ADE the runway is 9998ft long by 200ft wide. Anyway, I am stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Make sure your taxipaths are attached to the parking spots. Do this by a left click on the path and seeing that it is highlighted all the way to the arrow of the parking spot. The fault finder does not always find this kind of thing. Make sure the taxiways from the runway exits are complete to parking. Click on each node, taxiways on each side of the node should highlight. Planes follow a different route to take off than they do to park. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Make sure your taxipaths are attached to the parking spots. Do this by a left click on the path and seeing that it is highlighted all the way to the arrow of the parking spot. The fault finder does not always find this kind of thing. Make sure the taxiways from the runway exits are complete to parking. Click on each node, taxiways on each side of the node should highlight. Planes follow a different route to take off than they do to park. Bob
Thanks Bob - i will check those taxi links tonight to see if they are connected. I do have another question though, now that I have my basic FSX up and running I am ready to add some other programs to the mix, like REX, and Active Sky. I have not tweaked my config file yet to get peak performance, does it make sense to install these other add-ons first and then tweak, or should I do the tweaking (applying Bjotes tweaks) first and then install the add-ons? Again - thanks for the help!!!

Thanks Bob - i will check those taxi links tonight to see if they are connected. I do have another question though, now that I have my basic FSX up and running I am ready to add some other programs to the mix, like REX, and Active Sky. I have not tweaked my config file yet to get peak performance, does it make sense to install these other add-ons first and then tweak, or should I do the tweaking (applying Bjotes tweaks) first and then install the add-ons? Again - thanks for the help!!!
Sorry, I can't help you on that. Except for my own airports and a few AI planes, I don't run any add-ons or cfg tweaks.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I think it doesn´t ,ake any matter when you apply these tweak cause they only affect how your system handles FSX and this doen´t have something to do with addons like REX.