Sign in to follow this  
Ipe

Adding More RAM For My PC

Hi All ! Okey So what i want to do is to add more RAM for my PC (or if i need, thats why im here)My PC isCore2Duo (2 Cores)Ati 4350HD (1GB)and 2GB DDR2 of RAM Memory (266.0 MHz)And some people said that you need a little bit more RAM if You are going to use some Add-onsI don't use alot of Scenery Addons, but i use Addon Planes, i mostly fly the PSS 777 and F1 ATR72i use the REX and GE Pro..my FPS is Arround 30 FPS when i'm not in a big city, but when i go to a larger city like London or LA my FPS drops to 13-18.....i think i should get more FPS with this PC...So should i upgrade my RAM to 3 or 4 GB ?i Want to get arround 30-40 FPS in Bigger city's...So What do You think, If i upgrade my RAM memory should i get more FPS ?And in REX my settings are on minimum..FS Setting are on Maximum, except the water effects...i Use Win XP SP3Sorry for my English..And Thank You !! :)

HelloI believe i am right in saying that if its FS9 you are talking about then more ram will not make any difference.(you have the maximum anyway) I can't speak for FSX or indeed Flight (expect that in my case Flight will need NEW everything) oh dear!Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

In fact the more RAM you have the better FS9 will run.However, 32 bit versions of Windows will only recognise and use about 3Gb of RAM so adding any more than this will have no effect.David

I always thought windows XP will only utilize 2 GB of ram...anywise...My comp with 6 GB of ram, same vid card you're running and windows 7-64 bit still lags a tad with FS9 (10's-20's Fps with moderate settings). I should actually get FSX someday and see how it behaves or utilizes my resources for better or worse.

I always thought windows XP will only utilize 2 GB of ram...anywise...My comp with 6 GB of ram, same vid card you're running and windows 7-64 bit still lags a tad with FS9 (10's-20's Fps with moderate settings). I should actually get FSX someday and see how it behaves or utilizes my resources for better or worse.
It won't be good if FS9 chokes up the system!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hi All ! Okey So what i want to do is to add more RAM for my PC (or if i need, thats why im here)My PC isCore2Duo (2 Cores)Ati 4350HD (1GB)and 2GB DDR2 of RAM Memory (266.0 MHz)And some people said that you need a little bit more RAM if You are going to use some Add-onsI don't use alot of Scenery Addons, but i use Addon Planes, i mostly fly the PSS 777 and F1 ATR72i use the REX and GE Pro..my FPS is Arround 30 FPS when i'm not in a big city, but when i go to a larger city like London or LA my FPS drops to 13-18.....i think i should get more FPS with this PC...So should i upgrade my RAM to 3 or 4 GB ?i Want to get arround 30-40 FPS in Bigger city's...So What do You think, If i upgrade my RAM memory should i get more FPS ?And in REX my settings are on minimum..FS Setting are on Maximum, except the water effects...i Use Win XP SP3Sorry for my English..And Thank You !! :)
I don't know the specific CPU you are using so very hard to tell,that video card is only kind of medium-user though,so I believe it couldn't keep along with some addons such as PSS 777.Upgrading first the CPU,then the vga later should improve your FPS. 3GB ram should run fine with FS,no need to run 4GB RAM in window 32bit. I've just add from 3GB to 4GB,doesn't make any difference :(

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5